• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Whining......

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How about retractable front wheels? I want them to retract into the body at highway speeds. Centripetal force or centrifugal force or centipede force... something will keep it driving upright. Yeah, pull those wheel covers right in against the body so aerodynamics works better. And, for the love of Pete, put the gas cap right in the middle under the license plate... no need for a fancy dancy gas cap or even door. Put a capless fill tube right behind the license plate, hinge that sucker and include a simple foam gasket that tapes to the back of the plate so that IT will act as the fuel door. That in itself would save at least a few cents per vehicle. (Plus, it would drive people batty trying to find it.)

OOPS!! wrong thread for a practical suggestion. Gas cap thingy may have merit.:rolleyes:

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How about retractable front wheels? I want them to retract into the body at highway speeds. Centripetal force or centrifugal force or centipede force... something will keep it driving upright. Yeah, pull those wheel covers right in against the body so aerodynamics works better. And, for the love of Pete, put the gas cap right in the middle under the license plate... no need for a fancy dancy gas cap or even door. Put a capless fill tube right behind the license plate, hinge that sucker and include a simple foam gasket that tapes to the back of the plate so that IT will act as the fuel door. That in itself would save at least a few cents per vehicle. (Plus, it would drive people batty trying to find it.)

I see a problem right away....It's "front-wheel drive"!

Back to the drawing board.

[But that's just me 'whining ;). Man...I kinda like this thread! :D ']

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I see a problem right away....It's "front-wheel drive"!

Back to the drawing board.

[But that's just me 'whining ;). Man...I kinda like this thread! :D ']
No, the problem is that the design itself is backwards. The Elio should be a rear-wheeled, rear-steering delta trike. Now we're talking!

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And why doesn't Paul just get off his coffee-swilling, thumb-twiddling ass and produce these vehicles already? After all, the Slingshot only took a few years to develop. It's not like I need a safe, cheap and reliable vehicle. Just put any ole engine in there; there are thousands of used engjnes on eBay he can put in -- no one would notice! And I certainly wouldn't sue him if the Elio turned out to be unsafe or a total lemon. View attachment 10850

Well, we have one person who has "publicly" waived his legal rights. :loco:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No battery, no AC and no starter motor.
That should save me a few bucks on the purchase price.
Just a magneto and a crank handle that doubles as a jack handle!
winecheese.jpg

Top Bottom