• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Who's Going To Birmingham?

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's less than 2 weeks away and still no location? I'm worried now that you won't get a place and I won't get to see it. If you can't locate a place, how about coming to the Memphis, TN area??

Where's Memphis??lol If they were to nix Memphis, they could set up on the square in Lynchburge for the Jack Daniels BBQ Cook-Off. There were a 'S**t load of peaple there with money to spend. I have been there twice, on the bike, 3rd week-end in November(?). Cold rain going up from a B&B near Dunlop, but Sun coming back to Dunlop. Ice in the seats the next morning but mid 70s when we got back to Ga.

What could be better than Elios and BBQ??

Truett Collins

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Are you sure the fact that you currently live in New Mexico rather than that some woman has that much power over your choices, is the reason? :) Z
Born and raised in NM, own property here (paid off). In all truth I do go down there when I can to see my youngest and three of my 8 grand kids....and get in a little fishing on those trips.

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I anyone hears where it will be in b'ham please post. I will be there with bell's on, or at least with camera in hand.
Not to change the subject, barlex, but do you know the origins of that "term" you used; " I will be there with BELLS ON?"

It's a little too long to go into here, but it has to do with horse drawn sleighs being pulled down narrow, snow covered 'trails' in the mountains of Pennsylvania. Basically, if you met another team coming toward you at a narrow in the road, you had to Yeild the right of way to him, if he got to the spot first. . . . . . ., and you had to give your horses bells to the other guy.

So if you were to reach your destination without yielding to anyone, it has said that you got there with your "bells on," and that was an honor and a credit to you and your team. :)

A little more to it than just that, but that is the basics. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom