• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Why Are Elio Owners In Interested In Elio?

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I tend to believe that in determining the way to proceed EM has considered a range of options .... not having access to the info they considered, I have no clue .... anything I'd say would be armchair quarterbacking .... the good news for us is, the time is shrinking so it shouldn't be too much longer before we know

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I tend to believe that in determining the way to proceed EM has considered a range of options .... not having access to the info they considered, I have no clue .... anything I'd say would be armchair quarterbacking .... the good news for us is, the time is shrinking so it shouldn't be too much longer before we know
Agreed

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
agreed !

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Based on the recent reservation rate, I don't believe. I don't know the true facts anymore then anyone else here, but if I Was going to make another reservation, based on all the facts we do have after following along all this time, it would probably.be in the 100 dollar want in category. You no longer see all the " spot in line" numbers posted here when logging in after they go out. Just my opinion.

just checked on EM's site and its showing approximately 13,800 All In $1,000 reservations .... I haven't been following that number so I don't know just how fast that's growing .... at this point I can certainly see some good reasoning behind a decision to go with a "Want In" rather than "All In" reservation

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
of course considering it's an opinion, so when do you think the time run out

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
of course considering it's an opinion, so when do you think the time run out

just as a pure WAG, if they are to go into production in June/July 2016 it would seem to me like we ought to see test vehicles being produced or even better out on the road being tested by Fall of this year .... G1 has told me that if they are showing significant progress, he firmly believes that they could get an extension on both the building and the fines .... I have no clue about that

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
just checked on EM's site and its showing approximately 13,800 All In $1,000 reservations .... I haven't been following that number so I don't know just how fast that's growing .... at this point I can certainly see some good reasoning behind a decision to go with a "Want In" rather than "All In" reservation
Just add three zeros to 13,800, for all the 1K reservations, and you only get 13,800,000, we need $30,000,000 for the test cars to.be built. That would indicate that the tour, has provided half of that, and that was when we were led to believe all was going well, and all we had to discuss was which side the gas cap was going to be on. I need to stop now before our beloved Z comes back to haunt me. I sure do miss that woman's positive outlook.on life. RIP Z, we love you.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
just as a pure WAG, if they are to go into production in June/July 2016 it would seem to me like we ought to see test vehicles being produced or even better out on the road being tested by Fall of this year .... G1 has told me that if they are showing significant progress, he firmly believes that they could get an extension on both the building and the fines .... I have no clue about that
Thanks. puts a (small smile) maybe just a grin, but now I can go do my chores!!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Let me ask-( I don't know squat about this type of time line).
Before they "produce" the units in 3 months-
Time to build and test 25 units?
Have retail financials in place (loans for buyers)?
Pay, I guess upfront for pieces/suppliers, to be ready.
Engineer the assembly robots
what I'm trying to get at is using a 3 month example, wouldn't it take more than a few weeks to a month to just hire the managers/ assembly workers? set up the temporary distribution sites (not the stores)?/ secure modify/lease the trucks for delivery? , get insurances in place, get all the "stuff" delivered.
It would seem a very tight schedule that if on Jan 1 2016 the funding is in place and by April 1st +/- they will be cranking them out- I also thought it would require a 4-6 week prior decision on our part to order our E w/ options ?
It just seems a stretch that 3 months it could happen.
Then again, I defer to those wiser.
I remember having that discussion a year prior to the 2015 production schedule. No funding, no prototypes, no testing, no production, and the timeline is so very short. I don't have the warm and fuzzy feeling I once had, but still moderately optimistic. Prototype builds are the key element to keep moving on schedule in the timeline to production. Hey, the air car hooked a shark investor.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
All good points, but what I was trying to say is, I doubt the Parrish would grant another extention on the fines, even if they grant an additional extention on production. So, wouldn't it make more sense to have the 7.5 million go towards prepping for production, rather than giving it away in fines? If those jobs were in place, the people would lose those jobs, which would make the Parrish think twice before rejection an additional production extention if one was needed.
Is there a $7.5 Million dollar fund locked in somewhere to pay a potential fine?

Top Bottom