• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Why Are Elio Owners In Interested In Elio?

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I work for a company called FilmBreak, and my team and I have a meeting with Paul next week to discuss ways in which we can accelerate their pre-sales campaign. We'd love to hear your insights on why Elio Owners are interested in Elio. If anyone starts a conversation me, I'd love to ask you a few questions to help us better understand. Thanks!

My compliments on your drive and energy.

Are you aware the demographics for the reservationists and the demographics for their ultimate customers are totally different? The reservationist are predominately motorcyclist accustomed to taking risks and thus are willing to take the risk of putting down money on a startup company. (Have you noticed how many motorcycle riders are on this forum) The people Elio Motors will ultimately be aiming at are people with lower income such as students, young people starting out, and lower income people. The demographics of the two groups are totally different and would have totally different campaigns directed towards them.

You said investigating ways of accelerating Elio Motors “pre-sales campaign”. I am curious what this means if you are at liberty to say. Is this aimed at making more reservations? Appealing to deep pocket investors? Appealing to smaller investors as in the Elio Motors website http://www.eliomotors.com/investor-inquiries/ ?

I like the Elio styling. I like to drive with the window down. The elio allows me to have both windows down next to me on both sides.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
If the ELIO is built it is not replacing anything. It will be in addition to. Another option
For some, like our beloved Zelio, it would have been a replacement.

Different strokes for different folks. The Elio will be an '&' vehicle for most people however considering that most households are multi-vehicle households this is not a surprise. For some folks the Elio will be their only as they either do not need more room and/or can find alternative solutions for the times when they do.

I myself have paid more attention to my habits since I became involved with this idea and realized that, if I already didn't enjoy owning a small fleet of vehicles, I could easily live with an Elio as my only vehicle. I rarely, less than once a month, have need to carry more than one passenger and also rarely carry enough extra material that would not fit in an Elio. For many of the times when I need a bit more room to carry items a small trailer for the Elio would be able to resolve the issue very inexpensively. For the few remaining times when I simply need more room I could easily rent vehicles as I can rent vehicles quite a number of times for what it costs to keep another vehicle, tagged, insured, and maintained. For my needs, and likely the needs of many others, using the Elio as an '&' vehicle is entirely a choice as it would actually save me money to use it as my only vehicle.

Christian

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I think Paul and his team have done a great job already getting videos and photos of the Elio all over the internet and their almost daily emails to people who have subscribed, I sometimes wonder if he is not putting too much into advertising since he does not have his car into production yet ? And he has been traveling all over the USA showing the prototypes ? That must be costing quite a lot, He certainly has a good photographer getting shots of all the best angles of the Elio. I think this big push so early has fueled some of the scam believers that I must admit I was many months ago, But now I believe Paul is really trying to get into production and will if he possibly can.

Paul is definitely trying to push it into production ASAP, and we are going to help him to the best of our abilities!

Christian

Elio Fan
Reaction score
My compliments on your drive and energy.

Are you aware the demographics for the reservationists and the demographics for their ultimate customers are totally different? The reservationist are predominately motorcyclist accustomed to taking risks and thus are willing to take the risk of putting down money on a startup company. (Have you noticed how many motorcycle riders are on this forum) The people Elio Motors will ultimately be aiming at are people with lower income such as students, young people starting out, and lower income people. The demographics of the two groups are totally different and would have totally different campaigns directed towards them.

You said investigating ways of accelerating Elio Motors “pre-sales campaign”. I am curious what this means if you are at liberty to say. Is this aimed at making more reservations? Appealing to deep pocket investors? Appealing to smaller investors as in the Elio Motors website http://www.eliomotors.com/investor-inquiries/ ?

I like the Elio styling. I like to drive with the window down. The elio allows me to have both windows down next to me on both sides.

Thanks for your kind words and for your input!

Yes, after seeing the overwhelming amount of members here who are motorcyclists, we saw the difference between the "now" audience (people who will pre-order) and the "then" audience (people who will buy once it is in production).

Since you guys have been so open and honest with me, I will say that FilmBreak's speciality is launching/managing reward driven pre-sales campaigns (normally on Kickstarter on Indiegogo, but I believe it will be different in this case). We plan on upping this effort, but I'm not sure if I can say much more that this point. I'll keep everyone updated as I can though!

archer5013

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
If the ELIO is built it is not replacing anything. It will be in addition to. Another option

For me it WILL most certainly be replacing something.
It WILL be replacing utter dependency on a (60 mile round trip) one day per week bus ride to do shopping & laundry (and more) ...
plus ... it WILL be replacing utter dependency on (subsidized and limited) rides to medical appointments ...
plus ... I could actually be able to go out on my own to visit friends ... and even travel (anywhere) ...
etc.

ecdriver711

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Most of my working life I have had to commute for contracts I've taken. I choose to use used cars because of the cost and the milage that builds on the car. My wife and kids alway get the new and newer cars. The Elio will have great milage and cost the same as a decent used car, but still be new.

Top Bottom