• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Why Are Elio Owners In Interested In Elio?

Dill20

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Definitely an "AND" car you get out of after a 120 mile round trip commute for the day and get back in it for another day of dealing with LA traffic. But this time with a smile and the satisfaction of the low price, great gas mileage, and something pretty cool looking to drive! And it will replace my 1997 Toyota Corolla that currently has 385K miles on it. The way I see it is I have been dragging around 50% more of a car that I have been the only one sitting in for the last 15 years! It just makes sense!

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Definitely an "AND" car you get out of after a 120 mile round trip commute for the day and get back in it for another day of dealing with LA traffic. But this time with a smile and the satisfaction of the low price, great gas mileage, and something pretty cool looking to drive! And it will replace my 1997 Toyota Corolla that currently has 385K miles on it. The way I see it is I have been dragging around 50% more of a car that I have been the only one sitting in for the last 15 years! It just makes sense!
120 miles round trip? What do you do to make it worth 4 hours in the car every day? :confused:
And 385K OMG you going for the Million Mile Club? o_O

Dill20

Elio Fan
Reaction score
120 miles round trip? What do you do to make it worth 4 hours in the car every day? :confused:
And 385K OMG you going for the Million Mile Club? o_O

Its called affordable housing. When got out of the military from Norton AFB in 1990, I got a job at an Aerospace Company and purchased a home in the High Desert at a fraction of the cost of housing by my work (thus the 120 mile round trip). Not bad though its actually 3 1/2 ish hours a day. 4 would put me over the edge ;).

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good for you,

Goof for you, Dill! And Welcome from E. Tennessee :)

Evarance

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I commute 36 miles each way every day to my job. That's 72 miles per day which is a lot of driving. I'm concerned about cost, gas mileage, safety and the environment. I'm excited about having the Elio as a daily commuter, but I also see myself running errands with it when I don't have the kids in tow (I'm a mother of 5 kids) to save money on gas. I've looked into electric vehicles, but the are too expensive and not reliable for me because many of them won't get me to work and back home on one charge. I considered a motorcycle to save money on gas, but I worry about safety on a motorcycle and it is very weather dependent so it wouldn't make a reliable commute vehicle for me either. The Elio looks like a perfect fit for me, and I think it's kind of cute. We always buy used vehicles to save money so I'm also excited about finally being able to afford a new vehicle. It will be my first one. :)

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nicely done, Christian!:)
nice video indeed .... I've gone to the site and indicated I'd be interesting in investing in the company by buying shares .... have also posted the link on another larger forum which I administer

Ditto on the "interest in investing". I'm down for 5k if they can make it happen.:)

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I commute 36 miles each way every day to my job. That's 72 miles per day which is a lot of driving. I'm concerned about cost, gas mileage, safety and the environment. I'm excited about having the Elio as a daily commuter, but I also see myself running errands with it when I don't have the kids in tow (I'm a mother of 5 kids) to save money on gas. I've looked into electric vehicles, but the are too expensive and not reliable for me because many of them won't get me to work and back home on one charge. I considered a motorcycle to save money on gas, but I worry about safety on a motorcycle and it is very weather dependent so it wouldn't make a reliable commute vehicle for me either. The Elio looks like a perfect fit for me, and I think it's kind of cute. We always buy used vehicles to save money so I'm also excited about finally being able to afford a new vehicle. It will be my first one. :)

Welcome Evarance!...Welcome to the group...therapy :)

Top Bottom