• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Why Gauges Or Numbers At All?

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not talking speed or tac.

Why gauges or numbers at all? Tell-tale or idiot lights I think is the way to go.
The fastest attention get er is flashing color and sound. Very little if any monitoring required. Non digital. If possible, should be set off mechanically.

A simple Yellow, Red signal system for all the major gauges, flashing Yellow and steady Red with alarm.

Two windows, one that shows flashing yellow or solid red with alarm and one that shows the area of the motor which is in trouble. This system would be the most cost effective.

I think any thing more, is more a personal preference regarding aesthetics, than practicality for the common driver. JMO

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6HsFHE6R_BjLqit4NkDLwurpzqOYJ7XAh4BmsAMBl1kqbudAzzw.jpg
:rolleyes:

Last edited:

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not talking speed or tac.

Why gauges or numbers at all? Tell-tale or idiot lights I think is the way to go....snip...
Many big fleet trucks have been made that way. The only gauge they would have is the Air PSI gauge as that's required but, that was it. A light would light at 55MPH.

PS. The air PSI gauge is required to be mechanical. Digital ones don't have the required accuracy.

Edward

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, they are called idiot lights for a reason. FWIW, I'd rather have gauges than watching lights for pretty much any system. If my Camry had a battery charge gauge instead of just a check engine light, I probably would have discovered my bad alternator before it fried my radio and battery.

Inigo93

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe in the other dashboard thread I went on record as saying I wanted a speedo and fuel gage, but that everything else could be an idiot light and I'd be fine with that.

Top Bottom