• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Why Is Elio Already Offering Rebates?

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
'Those cars which are sold directly through the pre-orders don't have to share in the cost of Store operation'

Following that same line of reasoning, we should not have to pay transportation, they are not loaded on a Truck, nor transported even one mile!! I'll pay the expence to get my Elio home.

We don't know that may prove to be true.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No, just agreeing that it doesn't look the same as it did the last time I went there. There 'was' a seemingly endless string of poster/Elio replies down the right-ish side of the page. Now it seems to be all Elio pics of events. As for posting there (Elio's page), never have, never will....not a big Facebook fan, got it blocked on my email account (spamblocked).
TE just needs to click on the comment below the Elio photos and the endless string of questions and answers appear. Still the same old Elio responding to questions. Matters only to those going to their Facebook periodically wanting to get some answers.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norahsbed, as you well know there are many dogs that have more redeeming social value the some of the people we all know.
image.jpg

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
DING DING DING!!!!

We have a winner!!!

TexasElio = EZ = PJRogers

He even self quoted incorrectly in his last incorrect response to me.

'TexasElio = EZ = PJRogers'
After looking at your formula of equals, deductive reasoning leads me to believe you may have to rethink that.
It may not be a truism. Do you recall PJRogers was very boastful of his kicking back in his 'Man Cave and listening to his 'Big A** Sound System'? I accused him of spending more money on knitting supplies than the 1K deposit on an Elio, he didn't deny it.
Neither TexasElio nor EZ have ever mentioned anything about a man cave, sound system, having a neice, nor knitting.
As I understand it, All opinions are welcome here, we may not agree with them but they're still welcome to post. If I don't agree, it just makes me more Determined to see it thru and I just pass on by their post.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Interesting observation...but MSRP without a discount is common for Tesla...BMW i8...Z06...etc...

Tesla is the closest to Elio's business model...they're currently in their 2 year of production for the sedan...and no rebates or incentives yet...vehicle pricing is all about consumer demand...

It's surprising that Elio has resorted to incentives to secure orders for a $6,800 vehicle...

A $6,800 well equipped vehicle is already a bargain without a rebate attached!

LOL! Tesla? BMW? Not very appropriate comparison there. But that's ok.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can think of two reasons EM would be offering bonuses. EM calls them bonuses not rebates. Bonus has a better feel than rebate which tends to be a bit of a cold word. Pick your word according to your feelings (or agenda).

One may be a somewhat personal reason. Paul Elio is not some business person hired to run a company like the other big car companies. It is his personal concept, company with his name, and vehicle with his name. He may actually appreciate the support of the reservationists. Since there have been delays and people still support the project, this may be partly out of appreciation.

The other reason may be a bit more pragmatic. During the early stages when reservationists are driving their vehicles but the stores are not open yet, the reservationists will be the advertisement for the vehicle. They will draw tremendous attention. People will be asking the driver (reservationists) about the vehicle. The media always wanting something to talk about will interview the reservationists about the new and different vehicle people are seeing on the road. Thus, EM want the reservationists to be happy when talking to the people and media. They are the initial advertisement and first impressions (obtained from what the reservationists say) are the most lasting. This is why I believe at least the early reservationists will get their vehicle for $6,800.

Thus, I believe there are at least these two reasons (and perhaps others): one personal and the other pragmatic.

Texconsin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Merry Christmas to everyone!

I was reviewing Elio's website yesterday...and could not help but notice they're offering incentives (rebates) to promote per-orders.

After spending 30 years in the automotive industry...it's highly unusual that a vehicle manufacture would ever start discounting a new line of vehicle before they are in production!

Every price incentive (rebate) is done for a reason...manufacturers are not in the business of giving away money for nothing.

So...why would Elio be offering this generous financial incentive...and why only on non-refundable deposits?

Is this rebate a signal that Elio Motors is starting to feel a noticeable slowdown in the rate of new pre-orders...or a sign that the current cash flow is not meeting operating & vehicle development expenses?

Selling a $6,800 vehicle for $6,300 before it even coming to market would not seem to make prudent economic sense...it's tough enough to have a decent profit margin on a $6,800 vehicle.

When a automobile manufacture starts offering rebates...it's usually an indication that consumer demand is weak...

Wow...this is a very interesting scenario...what does everyone think?

It's called "risk-reward."

Top Bottom