• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Why Is The Stock Price Dropping?

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It is a fairly long article. A quick glance shows it to be very detailed, and very thorough. This isn't some sensationalist hack looking for some hits to drive up ad revenue. The author did their research. I know nothing about them, but their arguments seem well-reasoned, and well supported with facts.
Apologies as well!

bunchathrees

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Potential adverse ruling from NHTSA, no decision yet on ATVM loan, very negative financial media news...check Seeking Alpha and Forbes articles, Tesla sucking all the media attention with Model 3, potential dilution of Elio stock, extreme speculation due to lack of shares followed by fear on the part of us crowdfunders, constant delays in start of production, potholes, etc, etc, etc...

You forgot the part about the local sports team which didn't sport as well as their competition, Sub-Saharan weather, and the latest info on artificial sweeteners.

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That plus the stock will likely have a tendency to trend downward the longer it has been since news about concrete progress toward production. The sooner those things happen, the more likely the company is to succeed.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That plus the stock will likely have a tendency to trend downward the longer it has been since news about concrete progress toward production. The sooner those things happen, the more likely the company is to succeed.
I agree. Arcimoto built 2 Gen 8 prototypes that they currently have on tour promoting their vehicle with ride and drive events. The ride and drives allow future owners/reservationists to experience the vehicle while putting real world road test miles on the prototypes which identifies changes needed even before their beta builds which will be used for additional testing..............leading up to the final production model vehicle.

What I don't understand is the apparent difficulty and why EM can't get 2-3 Elio E's built and on a ride and drive tour schedule to stimulate marketing excitement with a tangible vehicle that current reservationists can experience and encourage flocks of others to join the reservation ranks. It's puzzling to me that EM was talking about this 2 years ago and still no indication of real progress beyond a show P5. Isn't the clock ticking with looming penalties on the current contract extension? I hope we see some progress by mid summer.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The 100 pre-production models being built in Q4 are almost certainly aimed, and probably in a large part, at avoiding some of those penalties. Hire a bunch of people, train them, built 100 vehicles, then shut down the line and lay them off while you retool for full production?

HonestTex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't think it'll go below $12. ( but what do I know) Anyone trading below $12 is trading at a loss. Who would do that? Seriously, who would do that? Makes no sence to me. Isn't everyone better off just holding until the price goes back up?

Top Bottom