• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Why Is The Stock Price Dropping?

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe people should read this article about SeekingAlpha
It give a good picture about them
Reading that article, it reminded me of another site some like to believe.
Just checked the reviews about Seeking Alpha. Always wondered if they had an agenda or were just plain wrong when they would keep hyping stocks I'd buy for much less as if they expected the price to levitate ever higher regardless of the fundamentals. Now my suspicions have a basis in fact. Thanks for the link! Go Elio!!!

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
it never should have gone up past 12. this was always a buy and hold/hope opportunity. it was only worth what it was originally sold for, because nothing happened to change it's value. the glitches with getting it to brokers artificially strained the supply side. even a true believer is at least tempted to cash in when you guarantee 3 times your investment, no one ever would have had to bid 75 to buy shares. i think enough stock got out there that it will drop to 8-10, but the short sellers won't be able to push it any lower, because everyone left in at that point will probably be holding for the long haul.
Back at it I see, why didn't you just buy the crowd funding. We all know you either didn't or not enough shares.
It is a fairly long article. A quick glance shows it to be very detailed, and very thorough. This isn't some sensationalist hack looking for some hits to drive up ad revenue. The author did their research. I know nothing about them, but their arguments seem well-reasoned, and well supported with facts.
It is a fairly long article. A quick glance shows it to be very detailed, and very thorough. This isn't some sensationalist hack looking for some hits to drive up ad revenue. The author did their research. I know nothing about them, but their arguments seem well-reasoned, and well supported with facts.
NOT!

TMOSteel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm not looking to get rich off Elio stock, as I'm sure most of us aren't. Would it be cool in 40 years to see a 2056 Elio hovering down the street and say to my grandkids "You know, grandpa helped make that car company". "Really grandpa?" "Tell us all about it..."

I want the car because I think its cool, its different, its innovative. My commutes not as long as it used to be but I kept my reservation.

I would love to prove all these people wrong and be there when the first of you gets yours off the assembly line just to thumb my nose at all those that say it couldn't happen.

And to be honest, what the hell do these brokers know anyway, aren't they all just a bunch of crooks and degenerates to begin with? :thumb:

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
:drum::drum::drum:
I'm not looking to get rich off Elio stock, as I'm sure most of us aren't. Would it be cool in 40 years to see a 2056 Elio hovering down the street and say to my grandkids "You know, grandpa helped make that car company". "Really grandpa?" "Tell us all about it..."

I want the car because I think its cool, its different, its innovative. My commutes not as long as it used to be but I kept my reservation.

I would love to prove all these people wrong and be there when the first of you gets yours off the assembly line just to thumb my nose at all those that say it couldn't happen.

And to be honest, what the hell do these brokers know anyway, aren't they all just a bunch of crooks and degenerates to begin with? :thumb:
Think you might want to check out the 'Picking up the Elio' thread.:drum:

bunchathrees

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Fluctuations aside, the real risk of buying this stock is dilution. Should the ATVM loan not come to fruition, the only real path for funding is handing out more pieces of the company to VCs. Those might come from Paul's allocation, but more likely they would be created for this purpose. In that case, my original investment would likely still be fine, but my risk investment would likely be underwater.

The ATVM loan is both a bad thing and a good thing. It is bad in the sense that all debt is bad - needs to be repaid. It is a good thing in at least three respects:
  • It opens a clear path to product launch.
  • Bigger brains than mine will have evaluated the whole enterprise and concluded that there was a likelihood of success (ability to repay).
  • Borrowing to reinvest in the business is often a good use of debt in that it allows one to keep forward progress. Stakeholders want to know that there is a plan and that the business managers are driving the venture along the pre-articulated path.
Anyway, some found money may allow me to continue to buy as/if the price continues to drop. This is either a very wise or very foolish move. As this is money in my kiss-it-goodbye envelope, it can be risked without too much remorse.

"Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and would blow your head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?"

Jim G

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
The stock price will continue to be volatile for a number of reasons (most importantly, the low float, where 10,000 shares traded could move the pps 10% or more, and the fact that this remain a very high risk, speculative investment). If you are looking to play the stock fluctuations, good luck, but if you can sell out and make enough money to at least cover your deposit, that might be a sound approach (as well as increase your peace of mind). It is rarely a bad idea to get your cash out and play with the house's money....

My 2 cents, FWIW: the stock will continue to drift lower unless we get some big news out of the company. In fact, I wouldn't be too terribly surprised to see it trading at around $12.00 before the month is out, but this is just my opinion and could turn out to be very inaccurate. I have been wrong about as much as I've been right in predicting short-term pps gyrations of stocks I'm in (or watching).

Lastly, I concur with the statement above that the biggest concern with the pps longer-term is dilution. I do think the odds are quite high that we will see substantial dilution over time. Of course, as noted by the other poster, that has both good and bad consequences.

Top Bottom