• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Why Not License Out The Production Of The Elio?

CrimsonEclipse

Elio Addict
Reaction score
wrong, production is easy if you have the money just like I said except I said money is not easy to obtain. There, I just rephrased it so you get my meaning. :D Now what you're suggesting about the ELIO licensing, that's hard. Read up on the replies and learn.

It's not easy even with money.
Making an all new production vehicle ranks up with the most difficult things out there.
Money doesn't make it easy, money makes it possible.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The original question was this:
Sell the base design but allow the local companies in each region to add and remove features relevant to the local market and government and simply collect the licensing fee?

You answered with two products that were already finished with the R&D that were ready to go. The ARM is licensed for manufacture by others and can be customized. As for Electra Meccania they too have finished their R&D, sold a few to the general public and now they are contracting someone else to build it in a larger volume as opposed to the current production which is low and slow. One is licensing and the other is not. As in both cases, they had a product that was ready. As for Elio, they need to get to the point where their product is done. As for what Elio has said, they need an additional $85M to finish Research Design and Development. It's right on their website.

I hope you were not thinking that they could take an incomplete product, license someone else to build it for their region plus have them finish all the work that needs to get it done. All while Elio collects a licensing fee.

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nvidia does the same thing. They don't sell directly to the user but makes millions lettings others use there chips and mini mother boards, etc.
I believe Paul meant USA in showing them "we" can still do it. But he could pick quite a few other countries (some I know have a much lower labor rate) and would still be able to hold the 4 must, etc.

https://www.countries-ofthe-world.com/countries-of-north-america.html

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nvidia does the same thing. They don't sell directly to the user but makes millions lettings others use there chips and mini mother boards, etc.
I believe Paul meant USA in showing them "we" can still do it. But he could pick quite a few other countries (some I know have a much lower labor rate) and would still be able to hold the 4 must, etc.

https://www.countries-ofthe-world.com/countries-of-north-america.html
Just don't confuse licensing with contract manufacturing.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's not easy even with money.
Making an all new production vehicle ranks up with the most difficult things out there.
Money doesn't make it easy, money makes it possible.
For those that KNOWS what they're doing, getting all the way to production is easy, it's the least of their worries....acquiring the big chunk of money they need to keep things MOVING ALONG all the way to deliveries is the big hurdle. ELIO surrounded themselves with top notch companies to work on the ELIO and for them, it's show me the money and consider it done because this is what they're trained to do- that is if we're still on the subject of building cars, not spaceship! ;)

Last edited:

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If he holds all the rights to the motor he had IAV make, there could be a finished product he could sell rights too or make and sell etc.

Briggs and Stratton and Rotax are examples of motor companies that don't make there own device but others has used them for the "power" in there device. After all, its called Elio Motors.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You'd think that if there were absolutely no issues with that engine, this agreement would have made EM a little money by now.
The SEC keeps them from reporting anything, even profits or losses. It's no surprise that they didn't report anything.

What is legal is of Elio Motors would change their name to Elio Blockchain. Then the price of their stock would skyrocket just like Long Island Iced Tea which became Long Blockchain then signed a letter of intent.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...any-turned-blockchain-entity-plans-u-k-merger

Top Bottom