• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Will The Elio Be This Much Fun To Drive?

Karnaj

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wow, don't worry I didn't have a stroke. It does appear this forum is a bit touchy posting from my phone though. I'll have to keep that in mind so the ambulance doesn't show up unexpectedly.

James Hartman

Reaction score
If the Elio is close to the performance and feel of the Three Wheeler Morgan in this video it will be a blast to drive!

It will not be the same. I drove a Morgan 3 wheeler this spring and it left no doubt that it was a motorcycle. It shakes, sounds and smells like cycle. The windscreens are low enough that you constantly have wind in your face. This is an open cockpit not a convertible. Therefore, it is completely impractical which means that you really want one. The only problem is you need $50-55K.

Gizmo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In classification only. From the body to the engine to the interior.....it's a car with a missing wheel or 2 if you count the spare.

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Driving solo positioned in the center of the road will be an awesome feeling, like riding a motorcycle, wait a minute, it is a motorcycle.

Hmm... I just realized that as a 2 wheeled motorcyclist you are taught to ride off center in order to avoid the debris (oil) that tends to gather in the middle of the lane. Driving the Elio while being positioned in the center of the road really will be a unique experience :)

BTW: We discussed the third wheel in the middle of the lane ad nauseum previously so hopefully my comments don't reignite that discussion. The Elio has two driven wheels the will be in the normal drive area of the lane and the rear wheel is a tail dragger that just comes along for the ride. Oil on that wheel may impact braking but since most braking happens from the front of the vehicle this isn't likely to cause severe adverse problems. Now bumps in the middle of the road, that could be interesting but most divots tend to happen where the driving wheels are so hopefully that won't be an issue.

Top Bottom