• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Will The Right Side Window Open?

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There might be a handful of vehicles produced today without power windows. It's likely cheaper to purchase the power window assy than a manual one. Also, the door panels will be cheaper to produce without having to cut and finish around the hole for the crank; it also eliminates the cost of any trim around the crank handle for a finished look. The window/door controls will likely be an off the shelf item from another vehicle.
Thanks for this information. I had not considered the costs of custom cutouts and the economy of using existing parts designed for other vehicles. Obviously Elio is working diligently to keep the costs down

AltoidBox

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
While I haven't actually seen a prototype in person, I would imagine that it could be off center a little to the left to account for the extra space on the right for the shifter.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking too.

You guys are thinking logically however you are missing one key point. The wheel appears to be off center because the dash is a little shorter on the left side to accommodate the door, with its interior door panel, opening and closing. The actual distance from the window to the wheel is the same on either side.

I guess I could have explained that better the first time but the photo does make it hard to notice what is really going on. It is more obvious in person.

Last edited:

Zipper

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, both front windows are power. The rear windows do not open at this time. Would be nice if they had a pop-out window for the rear passenger in the production model.
It's my understanding that pop out rear windows will be optional (hinged at front with locking lever at rear) .

Zipper

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I question the need for costly power windows or door (1 door) locks in a one person wide vehicle with everything right at your finger tips. Would rather have a better radio , cd player, additional speakers, etc., or what ever!!!
Remote/power door lock has advantages from my perspective. Perhaps that feature will be optional.

Top Bottom