• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Will Your Elio Retain Its Resale Value?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I today's economy $6800.00 is a throwaway price.
Who in their right mind would pay 3 or 4K for a used one when for around 7/8K you can get a new one with 3 year warranty.
Somebody that doesn't have 3-4k and is happy with a slightly used Elio. Maybe EM will have a recycler program crush your Elio into a small cube and drop it off at your nearest Pep Boys.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Somebody that doesn't have 3-4k and is happy with a slightly used Elio. Maybe EM will have a recycler program crush your Elio into a small cube and drop it off at your nearest Pep Boys.
Oh, I think plenty. But too, if you have a desire for a small project, it will be an excellent donor car.

After a few years, yes may well be a lot of them, unless the supply is restricted. Then you could see the used price almost even with new.

But if plenty are produced. Can you imagine, buying a $3000 Elio two year old that still gets over 70mpg? At my CU's rate of 9%, Who can't afford $30 a month payments?

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
it will be worth what the market determines it is worth .... if you spend $6,800 for one today and sell/trade it any number of years from now, it will be worth less and you will lose money .... whatever amount you lose will be what you've paid for the use you have gotten out of it .... we have to pay to play .... about all we can do is the best we can to determine that the experiences and service we've gained are worth (to us) the money we've spent

Jim

Spyche Chaos

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Half the people who reserved one are going to be on life support - or dead - before they have a chance of seeing an Elio, so that should make low-mileage used models pretty available.

Hell, I might sell #860 without ever driving it, or any other Elio, with all their bull about test drives. Let someone else take the hit on first year depreciation.

Top Bottom