• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Will Your Elio Retain Its Resale Value?

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
...snip...When my Elio hits 12 or 13 years old there will be no rust ...snip...
That remains to be seen. It's not hard to find pretty plastic cars that are worthless because of the cancer under the skin.

PhilGoings

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not pointing fingers but I've never seen anyone spell they're and their wrong in the same sentence. The post's point was still made and valid. Not caring about spelling when communicating can indicate a lack of respect to the intended audience unless, of course, the writer is unaware of the error or if spell check struck sneakily. Of course, pointing it out is rude too. I blame my father. Thanks Dad.
:rolleyes:

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I drive one every day. I'm secretary for the largest Fiero club int the world. Next weekend it's Fiero day in Pontiac IL.

Sigh... I ordered a Fiero when they were first available and waited almost as impatiently for it to arrive as I am waiting for the Elio to go into production. I loved the car at first but quickly grew tired of the horrors that the local Pontiac dealer did to it while performing recalls and fixing the odd things that happen in early production cars. I drove it for a number of years and eventually got rid of it for a nice Olds Tornado from the early '80s.

I loved the tornado upgrade but I still have thoughts of the old Fiero from time to time. I look at them when they become available locally and I find it really amazing what people are asking for them. They don't go for huge amounts of money but for a plastic car that is 2 decades old they go for an impressive amount.

vtx04

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I see it as a utility vehicle. A commuter, a delivery, a money saver...a throw-away vehicle. You drive it as long as possible, then get a new one with the savings you've enjoyed. I'm not investing in this with any expectations of sustained value. I'll drive it as a commuter. When it quits, I'll get another. Ill use it as a 'gimmick' vehicle in my side business too. Now if the values hold...Bonus!

Top Bottom