• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Window Tints

Trucker

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Basically California is I believe 88% which is what usually comes out of the factory for the front windows and you can tint the top 4 inches of a windshield, back or rear Windows as dark as you want if you have dark tint on the rear window you have to have 2 side mirrors oh and this is for any vehicle within California does not matter where you live they cite out of state cars all the time for tint violations.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Adamant

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm gonna tint for sure. I think I'll do limo tint on the back windows, with a limo tint strip on the windshield, and then maybe go 50-60% on the front windows.

But also, if this remains technically a "motorcycle," will we still be bound by tint laws and restrictions?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm gonna tint for sure. I think I'll do limo tint on the back windows, with a limo tint strip on the windshield, and then maybe go 50-60% on the front windows.:bull_head:

But also, if this remains technically a "motorcycle," will we still be bound by tint laws and restrictions?
That's something you would have to find out for your state, state patrol is one place you can find out from, another is a shop that does tinting. Ask them what the rules are for an enclosed 3wheeler.
That's good for at least a half dozen "I don't knows".

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone know if this material would significantly increase the Elio's radar reflectivity? In the radar thread it was stated that the transverse engine already makes for a pretty large target.
Lol... the radar reflects off surfaces... the window tint is on the inside of the window so no effect there. The engine is concealed so no effect there...

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm gonna tint for sure. I think I'll do limo tint on the back windows, with a limo tint strip on the windshield, and then maybe go 50-60% on the front windows.

It's probably something you don't want to have to prove in court.

Top Bottom