• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Wings Over North Georgia Air Show, Rome, Ga - October 18 & 19

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Josh,
Please ask or measure the overall width from outside of one fender to the outside of the other and post that info.
I was asked to do this but did make it into the show.
Thanks.

One other thing I'm intrested in is the support frame work in the hatch lid. Would it be possible to mount a luggage rack such as a Chrome Gold Wing type?? The rack could be either just for looks or to carry small, lite weight items.
Thanks, again for all your 1st hand info.

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Off the wall question JC, but has anyone tried to lift the rear end off the ground and move the Elio side to side?
Just curious as to the weight on the rear.
Can you find out if Elio knows the weight of rear.

One other, look under the Elio (front and rear) and tell those that may want to trailer their Elio home if there are good places for trailer/car tie downs.

Last edited:

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi JC, thanks for taking questions. Here are a couple I forgot to ask yesterday.

1) Will the ground clearance be the same as on the P4? I'm a little concerned of the proximity of some suspension components to ground.
2) Are they still planning a belly pan? Will it cover the entire bottom of the Elio including the exhaust? What will it be made of and will it be simple to remove for repairs?
3) Are the brake hoses in the front wheels braided?
4) What kind of updates are we likely to see in the interior (dash particularly)? Things seemed rather blocky and retro.
5) Will the stick on the automatic be just a simple stick or will it have a nice ergonomic rounded top I can rest my hand on (I do a lot of engine breaking)?
1) Ground clearance will be more at 5.75"
3) Break hoses are braided
2) There will be no belly pan standard due to cost at this time, still under consideration
4) Elgin dash will be standard but there is another dash of the right size presented by a vendor fully digital with navigation
4) No word on the final stick

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
have their engineering folks or computer simulations given rise to any handling concerns when cornering (inside front wheel lifting off of the ground in a tight turn as is the case with 2 front, 1 rear wheel vehicles)

Jim
They are aware of that problem with the can am and were careful to make sure that doesn't happen with multiple measures taken to prevent this

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
Josh,
Please ask or measure the overall width from outside of one fender to the outside of the other and post that info.
I was asked to do this but did not make it into the show.
Thanks.
They said for mall events they make sure they have 80 inches clearance and the Elio is about 79 inches

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
One other thing I'm intrested in is the support frame work in the hatch lid. Would it be possible to mount a luggage rack such as a Chrome Gold Wing type?? The rack could be either just for looks or to carry small, lite weight items.
Thanks, again for all your 1st hand info.
Should be possible but don't know yet if this will be on the official list of options, framework is changing in the next version so current framework isn't valid for designing your own yet

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
Off the wall question JC, but has anyone tried to lift the rear end off the ground and move the Elio side to side?
Just curious as to the weight on the rear.
Can you find out if Elio knows the weight of rear.

One other, look under the Elio (front and rear) and tell those that may want to trailer their Elio home if there are good places for trailer/car tie downs.
With the rear skirt there is no good place to grab it for this.

30 percent of 1250 pounds is on rear tire

They say it is flat towable and trailerable but I don't know what to look for regarding tie downs

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't suppose there's any "artist's renderings" of the P5 body changes, are there (narrower nose cross-section, taller rear for passenger headroom)? I would hope by now that the frame/chassis would be finalized, as well as the body panels to construct the molds.

Top Bottom