• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Wings Over North Georgia Air Show, Rome, Ga - October 18 & 19

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I finally got to see it! :) We got there about 5:30pm. Only about a 10minute "slow down"...folks leaving the show however, had a loooong wait, as we saw several miles of stop and go. Parking was a breeze (and free!), "on the field" and so many had left, we were able to get really close to the entrance. Disappointed that I didn't get to meet any of you. I was able to get my wife to the show (yay) and after about 30 minutes in line she got to sit in the front seat first ;). You see, I have been emotionally "all in" since joining this group but, she has hasn't. I am proud to say that after seeing the P4 in person, she is impressed. After a bit of walking around, looking at the planes and talking, she was "on board. So, I put money down about 7:30 :D..."all in!"
I did get to talk, off and on,with Jerome and a few of the others. I also got to listen to questions from interested people. One guy was grilling Jerome about "why EM put the gas door on the wrong side" :rolleyes:. Anyway, Here are a few answers that I appreciated:
1) "Sema show?"...(big grins) and, "you'll be pleased"
2) "compression ratio"...Jerome told someone 12 to 1. I said "...The last video I saw said "10.5:1 and we'll try 11:1". He smiled and said, "That's an old video,it is 12:1 on regular gas." (My impression: Real testing had to be done to make that statement.)
3) "why the wheel skirts instead of fenders?"...Jerome said, "we gained 10mpg's by adding the enclosed wheel skirts."
4) " P3 Pod headlights vs P4 style"...He said, "removing the pods reduced "drag" by 6 pounds!"
5) "Why not replace the side mirrors with cameras?"...He replied,"altho, that would really "clean it up" aerodynamically, current laws don't allow it." I then mentioned, seeing an episode of Jay Leno's Garage, where Jay had a 1920's car with no side mirrors...he added small mirrors inside of the windows. , Jerome replied, "We have a guy who did that on the Elio. No blind spots anywhere! We might offer his "kits" as an accessory."
6)"Tires:Front and rear, the same or different?"...He said, "all three, same size."

That's about all I remember for now.
Overall, great experience. Now waiting for Sema news. :cool: :)

6)"Tires:Front and rear, the same or different?"...He said, "all three, same size."

Thanks for this GR8 piece of News!!!!
On a Long, Long trip, say to Alaska, you would only need a Good plug kit/pump and one tire, on/in a trailer or camper. I would try to plug a flat first, if that failed, I would break out the tire irons and a little bottle of dish soap to make the tire 'pop' to the rim. Before you take a Long trip, break out the 'Owners Manual' and learn how to take the rear off and put it back on. A front tire should be a No Brainer.
The only problem I see with having tire trouble, in Alaska, is the Bears, they might just Eat helpless Tire Changers, that bothers me to some degree!!!lol

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
1) they're waiting on an updated weather report on Monday before deciding inside or outside.
2) I'll ask
2) center of gravity. However doesn't handle different when driving heavy reporters on city streets, would make a difference when driving for performance though but not a big one .

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
On a Long, Long trip, say to Alaska, you would only need a Good plug kit/pump and one tire, on/in a trailer or camper.

build your trailer to where it uses the same rim & tire as the Elio and you could reduce the need for two different spares

Jim

Top Bottom