• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Would You Pay Full Price To Boot Up Production?

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hmmm. Yeah, I gotta share...
Three years ago a woman rider drifted broadside directly in front of me at the very last second on a paved bike trail.
I broke three ribs, my jaw, bunged up my hip and shattered both clavicles into shards.
All I can say is be careful out there and wear a helmet.

On this and a previous occasion that involved a set of offset train tracks, had I not had a helmet on, I wouldn't be here.

By coincidence, I had just bought an old Schwinn LeTour for $50 that needed overhauled a week before the trail incident.
After a couple of months of rehab I found that the few parts that weren't completely trashed on the old no-name I wrecked...
Were the ones I needed on the Schwinn. I swapped them out and went on to built the Schwinn into a seriously respectable machine.
Even when I'm riding, I seldom remember that I'm carrying a considerable amount of titanium around with me now.

I bought an old Huffy for $40 last summer and gave it a brand new identity as well. Two and three wheelers, guitars and guns.

Life is good.

Last edited:

LGilbert

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
how'd ya come up with ""average reservation amount is short of $500"..? I thought the only real number we know is the latest $1,000 all in number (SIL). Account must be taken for those who have risked -0- (all the"want-ins"). Which I suspect might be "a bunch"

Paul Elio statement during question/answer session a few months ago. Account does not have to be taken for anything. The value from Elio is the value.

Top Bottom