• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Would You Pay Full Price To Boot Up Production?

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
how'd ya come up with ""average reservation amount is short of $500"..? I thought the only real number we know is the latest $1,000 all in number (SIL). Account must be taken for those who have risked -0- (all the"want-ins"). Which I suspect might be "a bunch"

Two pieces of information that have been floated around:
1) Most of the reservations are non-refundable. (No specific percentage mentioned.)
2) The average reservation amount is ~$450.

I have no reference source to quote for these points.

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Again Keith, there's already that many .22 cartridges out there.

Most "ammo shortages" are myths.

The exceptions are a few cartridges such as the British .303 and the .35 Remington.
Both of which have not been commercially mfg. for years and probably won't be in the future.
DSCN4328.JPG

Did someone say 303 British?, I might have one of those somewhere...

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No, after all this time we are really no closer to production than we were a year ago. The $1000 I sent Elio was a gamble. I take not issue with that I knew it going in. But to send them the balance in hope of getting one ,no.

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think my wife would freak out if I tried to pay the whole price and still have to wait for production, the $1K + $3k I already shelled out is bad enough.
Now if I considered a divorce, then yea, I would pay for the whole thing and then she would be driving it after court...;)

Karg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If I were EM I would let the media and the gas filled politicians know that if the loan is not forth coming pronto, the Elio will be made by slave labor in Communist China.

Top Bottom