• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Would You Pay Full Price To Boot Up Production?

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The average reservation amount is short of $500, indicating that a great percentage of those with reservations are not willing to risk much until there is a guaranteed product available. Thus, there is little merit in this suggestion.

The car is far from being production ready. None of the crash testing has been completed; the interior is still using donor parts; many sub-systems have yet to be finished (like A/C, electronics, windshield wipers,etc.), and some windows are plastic still. They have the money to finish the car to production. The real financials go into getting the factory production line created, renting the assembly yards, opening stores, creating the transportation system, and buying initial stock of materials, paying sub-contractors for system stock,and doing all these things before the company starts showing a profit. The company has to have the capital to run its operations for at least a year or it will die before sales ramp up sufficiently to be profitable.
how'd ya come up with ""average reservation amount is short of $500"..? I thought the only real number we know is the latest $1,000 all in number (SIL). Account must be taken for those who have risked -0- (all the"want-ins"). Which I suspect might be "a bunch"

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Better hope it's not during an ammo shortage! Lol

Again Keith, there's already that many .22 cartridges out there.

Most "ammo shortages" are myths.

The exceptions are a few cartridges such as the British .303 and the .35 Remington.
Both of which have not been commercially mfg. for years and probably won't be in the future.

Last edited:

Keith Stone

Elio Addict
Reaction score
;);)
Again Keith, there's already that many .22 cartridges out there.

Most "ammo shortages" are myths.

The exceptions are a few cartridges such as the British .303 and the .35 Remington.
Both of which have not been commercially mfg. for years and probably won't be in the future.

Most ammo shortages are myths...I disagree then why is 22 ammo so hard to find and why would people be paying premium price for them if that was the case.
I agree about the 303 British and 35 remmington, but reloading supplies for these calibers are really easy to find so if a person wants them bad enough they can probably get them.
The 22 lr will be my last resort when fighting a war, and although there are billions of them I doubt I will see a war fought with them.
Just my 2 cents.;)

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
;);)

Most ammo shortages are myths...I disagree then why is 22 ammo so hard to find and why would people be paying premium price for them if that was the case.
I agree about the 303 British and 35 remmington, but reloading supplies for these calibers are really easy to find so if a person wants them bad enough they can probably get them.
The 22 lr will be my last resort when fighting a war, and although there are billions of them I doubt I will see a war fought with them.
Just my 2 cents.;)
Hard to find? For some perhaps.
Paying premium? Never have, never will.
Are there people manipulating the public? I'd say so.
Are there bonifide shortages? Not in my experience.

I agree about those larger caliber reloading supplies.
Is brass redily available for the same? Not so much.

The going price on hoarded and reloaded ammo in those two calibers?

$2 a shot and up.

WWIII would destroy most of everything including ammo production.
I would imagine by the end of that mess there wouldn't be many center-fires left.
Ergo, WWIV would either be mainly sticks and stones or the billions of hoarded 22lr.

Last edited:
Top Bottom