• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Write A Letter Help Get Elio On The Road

Jerry Greif

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Everyone write a letter or an email, here is a copy of mine that you use as a format, feel free to copy it.
President Barack Obama
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500-0004

MR. President

I am writing you asking for your support. Please keep in mind what I am asking for will benefit many people, and lead to,

• Economic recovery
  • Less dependence on foreign oil

• Savings of millions to the taxpayers

• 1500 new jobs in the United States

Elio Motors http://www.eliomotors.com is currently trying to get a new vehicle into production, If you take a few minutes to review this and do some simple math you will agree that this is one of the greatest things to hit the street in many years, and you will agree that when this gets into production it will be one of the greatest benefits for the American worker and the American tax payer to be seen in years.

This vehicle can benefit in many ways.

Current projections are

• 1500 new jobs,

• A vehicle that is made in America with 95 percent American made parts

• 84 Miles per gallon

• A list price of $6800.00

Just think about all of the Government owned vehicles traveling the roads of the United States, a large percentage of these are costing in excess of $25,000.00 getting less than 30 miles per gallon and transporting one person. Now think about the savings to the taxpayers if these vehicles were to be replaced with the new vehicle from Elio. The savings in expenditures are alone astronomical, calculate in the cost of an Elio verses the vehicles now used with a cost most likely exceeding $25,000.00 compared to the $6,800.00 list price of an Elio, that alone is a reduction of over 70%, now figure in the reduced amount of gas used, you can’t argue the facts, this will save the tax payers millions.

Now start thinking about the general public, those who can’t afford a dependable vehicle, now they can, they now can afford a vehicle for a son or daughter attending school and be assured that they are driving a safe dependable vehicle. The applications for this vehicle are unlimited.

Now think about the economy. The result of this car on the road in the United States will be economic recovery, think about what happens when start to limit our driving due to the high cost of driving, we don’t spend money. It is a fact that if we are driving we are spending money. To keep the “Money Go Round” working people need to drive, the money needs to move to keep the economy healthy, anyone owning and driving one of these vehicles will have thousands more to spend every year.

Now think about the American worker. 1500 new jobs in the United States just at the manufacturing plant in Shreveport Louisiana where this vehicle will be built.

Now think about the bailout of the other car manufactures in the United States, it saved many jobs but many of the jobs have now been shipped out of the United States, this cost many millions of dollars that the tax payers paid for with no benefit.

Now it’s time for your support, I am asking first for you to publicly voice your support for Elio Motors.

Secondly I am asking you start replacing government owned vehicles with Elios, this is a win-win for all.

The vehicles are current not in production but are projected to be in 2015, to help raise the capitol I am requesting that you approve a grant to Elio Motors for whatever amount they need to get this into production.

The United States Government should reserve a minimum of 1000 of these vehicles at the $1000 level to replace more expensive less efficient vehicles , this is only $1,000,000 it will help raise some of the capitol needed by Elio and it will also show support for the American worker.

My request sounds like a lot but just do the math, alone in savings to the taxpayers the money will be recovered many times over.

I am not affiliated with Elio Motors, I am just an American taxpayer and someone who looks at the label before purchasing anything. I want to support my American coworkers. I have paid my $1,000.00 deposit for my new Elio. Please support the American workers and do what you can to help.

Please take a few minutes to look into this and help out the American Workers and Taxpayers

Sincerely

Ralphe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Everyone write a letter or an email, here is a copy of mine that you use as a format, feel free to copy it.
President Barack Obama
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500-0004

MR. President

I am writing you asking for your support. Please keep in mind what I am asking for will benefit many people, and lead to,

• Economic recovery
  • Less dependence on foreign oil

• Savings of millions to the taxpayers

• 1500 new jobs in the United States
Elio Motors http://www.eliomotors.com is currently trying to get a new vehicle into production, If you take a few minutes to review this and do some simple math you will agree that this is one of the greatest things to hit the street in many years, and you will agree that when this gets into production it will be one of the greatest benefits for the American worker and the American tax payer to be seen in years.

This vehicle can benefit in many ways.

Current projections are

• 1500 new jobs,

• A vehicle that is made in America with 95 percent American made parts

• 84 Miles per gallon

• A list price of $6800.00

Just think about all of the Government owned vehicles traveling the roads of the United States, a large percentage of these are costing in excess of $25,000.00 getting less than 30 miles per gallon and transporting one person. Now think about the savings to the taxpayers if these vehicles were to be replaced with the new vehicle from Elio. The savings in expenditures are alone astronomical, calculate in the cost of an Elio verses the vehicles now used with a cost most likely exceeding $25,000.00 compared to the $6,800.00 list price of an Elio, that alone is a reduction of over 70%, now figure in the reduced amount of gas used, you can’t argue the facts, this will save the tax payers millions.

Now start thinking about the general public, those who can’t afford a dependable vehicle, now they can, they now can afford a vehicle for a son or daughter attending school and be assured that they are driving a safe dependable vehicle. The applications for this vehicle are unlimited.

Now think about the economy. The result of this car on the road in the United States will be economic recovery, think about what happens when start to limit our driving due to the high cost of driving, we don’t spend money. It is a fact that if we are driving we are spending money. To keep the “Money Go Round” working people need to drive, the money needs to move to keep the economy healthy, anyone owning and driving one of these vehicles will have thousands more to spend every year.

Now think about the American worker. 1500 new jobs in the United States just at the manufacturing plant in Shreveport Louisiana where this vehicle will be built.

Now think about the bailout of the other car manufactures in the United States, it saved many jobs but many of the jobs have now been shipped out of the United States, this cost many millions of dollars that the tax payers paid for with no benefit.

Now it’s time for your support, I am asking first for you to publicly voice your support for Elio Motors.

Secondly I am asking you start replacing government owned vehicles with Elios, this is a win-win for all.

The vehicles are current not in production but are projected to be in 2015, to help raise the capitol I am requesting that you approve a grant to Elio Motors for whatever amount they need to get this into production.

The United States Government should reserve a minimum of 1000 of these vehicles at the $1000 level to replace more expensive less efficient vehicles , this is only $1,000,000 it will help raise some of the capitol needed by Elio and it will also show support for the American worker.

My request sounds like a lot but just do the math, alone in savings to the taxpayers the money will be recovered many times over.

I am not affiliated with Elio Motors, I am just an American taxpayer and someone who looks at the label before purchasing anything. I want to support my American coworkers. I have paid my $1,000.00 deposit for my new Elio. Please support the American workers and do what you can to help.

Please take a few minutes to look into this and help out the American Workers and Taxpayers

Sincerely
Jerry,
I copied your letter, and will make a project of this.
Thanks

Ralphe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Send copies to your Representative and both your senators as well
Please HELP, Last week 3/20/14 give or take. Someone posted a letter to Every State Governor, and posted a copy for anyone that wanted it. I don't remember who or where. Since I'm gonna write, I should WRITE EVERYONE!
help, anybody? I can't find it...
In his letter, he asked each State to purchase 100 Elios for the State.
Who was that? If that was you, Jerry, i'm really gettin, old.

Sorry, that was you, Jerry. I had to dig deeper. I found it. Never Mind..........

Last edited:

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Please HELP, Last week 3/20/14 give or take. Someone posted a letter to Every State Governor, and posted a copy for anyone that wanted it. I don't remember who or where. Since I'm gonna write, I should WRITE EVERYONE!
help, anybody? I can't find it...
In his letter, he asked each State to purchase 100 Elios for the State.
Who was that? If that was you, Jerry, i'm really gettin, old.

Sorry, that was you, Jerry. I had to dig deeper. I found it. Never Mind..........

Thank you, Ralphe, for my second really good laugh this morning. We are not getting old we are getting better. Now I really do need to get back to bed. Being up at 5:15am when you're retired is insane! LOL :-) Z

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here is a copy of the letter I sent to my senators and congressman
Dear
I am writing you asking for your support for a project that will benefit the public, and lead to economic recovery, reduce our demand on foreign oil, save the taxpayers millions of dollars, protect the environment by reducing the carbon footprint, and create at least 1,500 new American jobs.

I have provided a link on Elio Motors, http://www.eliomotors.com and believe you will agree that this provides a fantastic opportunity to reduce our demand for oil and provide a fuel and cost efficient vehicle for the public. Elio Motors is currently trying to get this new vehicle into production. I believe that when it does it will be one of the greatest benefits for the American public and the American taxpayer in recent years.

This vehicle can benefit our nation in many ways. It supports the American auto worker by creating 1500 new jobs at the old GM plant in Shreveport, LA; it is made in America with 95 percent American made parts; gets 84 miles per gallon; has a 5-star crash rating; and a list price of $6800.00

The applications for this vehicle are unlimited. It could replace many of the Government owned vehicles that cost in excess of $25,000, get less than 30 miles per gallon, and routinely transport one person. The fuel efficiency alone would result in significant savings to the taxpayers. The savings in acquisition costs are astronomical since the $6,800 cost of an Elio represents a reduction of over 70% over the standard government vehicle cost of $25,000.

It will assist the general public by providing a dependable fuel efficient vehicle they can now afford for a son or daughter attending school and reducing fuel consumption for commuters. This results in more disposable income resulting in further economic stimulus.

First, I am asking you to publicly voice support for Elio Motors. Secondly, I am requesting that you initiate legislation to award an energy efficiency grant to Elio Motors to help get the Elio into production. Third, I am asking that the government start replacing government owned vehicles with cost efficient Elios and contract to purchase a minimum of 1000 Elio vehicles to demonstrate government support of fuel efficient vehicles.

I am not affiliated with Elio Motors but I am a concerned American taxpayer, supporter of the American worker and American made products. These actions will help Elio raise the start-up capital needed by to begin production, employee American workers, increase the American industrial base and enhance the “Made in America” mantra.

Please advise me of your actions in this regard.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
On August 28th 2012 "The Obama Administration today finalized groundbreaking standards that will increase fuel economy to the equivalent of 54.5 mpg for cars and light-duty trucks by Model Year 2025."

From IRS code section 30D
http://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Plug-In-Electric-Vehicle-Credit-(IRC-30-and-IRC-30D) and https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/taxevb.shtml
Electric vehicles qualify for a $7,500 tax credit.
Hybrid vehicles qualify for between $2,500 and $7,500 tax credit based on each vehicle's traction battery capacity and the gross vehicle weight rating.

Jim, could you write a letter similar to your earlier one promoting a similar tax credit for any vehicle that gets the 2025 goal of 54.5 mpg already regardless of power source.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
On August 28th 2012 "The Obama Administration today finalized groundbreaking standards that will increase fuel economy to the equivalent of 54.5 mpg for cars and light-duty trucks by Model Year 2025."

From IRS code section 30D
http://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Plug-In-Electric-Vehicle-Credit-(IRC-30-and-IRC-30D) and https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/taxevb.shtml
Electric vehicles qualify for a $7,500 tax credit.
Hybrid vehicles qualify for between $2,500 and $7,500 tax credit based on each vehicle's traction battery capacity and the gross vehicle weight rating.

Jim, could you write a letter similar to your earlier one promoting a similar tax credit for any vehicle that gets the 2025 goal of 54.5 mpg already regardless of power source.
I really like that idea. I don't qualify for any tax credits because of my income but I will certainly take any letter you write and rephrase it to suit my situation so others can benefit from this credit. :-) Z

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Jerry Greif, are you the one who designed the 2 posters this past week? If so can you tell me where they are. I want to print them out so I can start using them. I thought this was the thread they were in but obviously they are not.

Thanks for any help you can give me. :) Z

Top Bottom