• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Altc Designs

Do you like this first design?

• Total voters

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So, I'm curious what people think about various styles for my grill, should it be an ICE drive.
Of these which do you like? (I included the -none- as the EV version)
A0.jpg
a1.jpg
A2.jpg
A3.jpg
A4.jpg

Dustman

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I like B and D. C looks more like "nostrils" even though it's similar to B, and kind of BMW.
D might look a little better if you narrow the hood line towards the front.

Soon as I saw your drawings, I thought of the Elio mod that Silas Sunday did; your D drawing Is about the closest to it.

P5 Black Custom.jpg

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I tried 15 more variations on the grandkids, then combined what I thought hey were responding to.
These are the two feature sets that resulted. They preferred g over and above h.
A5.jpg
A6.jpg

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When I was doing painting in my shop I ran into the same problem but came up with a cure. I made a temporary Paint Booth that will go up in about 5 minutes; ventilation is a large box fan blowing out at the bottom of the garage door. The booth is pretty much sealed at the top and has about a 10" gap around the bottom. Fumes will usually hang mid-air or go up; with the fan out the bottom it draws the fumes and blows them outside. I was surprised at how well it works. I sprayed a toolbox the other day in enamel and you couldn't smell any of it in the house (my garage is attached to the house, probably pretty much the same as yours). When I have a lot of machine sanding to do I use the same system and it keeps the dust way down in the shop and the house.
View attachment 6657
Great idea. I do a lot of sanding for furniture and that would really help. (I don't have a car project to work on at the moment)

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm wondering what it would look like if you took just the grill in E & D and flipped them upside down.
I didn't mind E but the "smile" face it created was to wuss for my taste.
D would be ok if the hood was narrower (I said that earlier) or how about just making the grill bigger; something like a Buick grill
92-96 LeSabre grill.jpg

00-05 LeSabre Grill.jpg

Top Bottom