• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Any Updates On Production

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
First up on my list, how to modify the Elgin dash. That would be a good subject for 'instructables' articles and video.
Too bad you live so far away, we could make it a joint project.
Hmmm I wonder if EM would cut loose with a dash before production goes into full swing; or at least just as it's starting.
Would love to have the chance to be ahead of the game.
Maybe I could go on file with them as an aftermarket provider to get access to parts (like the whole dash), most providers/builders/creators do have RTM so that the aftermarket can have a finished product when the main product hits the market.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Distance isn't too much of a problem these days. If you can put up with the restrictions. Where there's a will there is a way. :-)

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Distance isn't too much of a problem these days. If you can put up with the restrictions. Where there's a will there is a way. :-)
Very true; and being a retired Geek I have all the really good computer toys. :becky:
We'll have to work out something after the first of the year depending on EM status at that point.

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Too bad you live so far away, we could make it a joint project.
Hmmm I wonder if EM would cut loose with a dash before production goes into full swing; or at least just as it's starting.
Would love to have the chance to be ahead of the game.
Maybe I could go on file with them as an aftermarket provider to get access to parts (like the whole dash), most providers/builders/creators do have RTM so that the aftermarket can have a finished product when the main product hits the market.
Not like it would cost that much in fuel for this car. ;)

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If we are going back to the Lord Elgin debate, this is what I want
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSlT4pGp0oJIbdwq-v1VXxcQw2-iCQp2hirWubQnRsZVNsvO4s1.jpg

'89 Chrysler LeBaron digital.
But I guess I'm stuck with Lord Elgin.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
interesting .... I wish EM would take notice .... that said, based on direct responses to related questions my asked EM on Facebook, they will point out there is no alternative to an Elio so its take it or leave it .... as a firm supporter of EM and fully understanding Paul's desire for a tribute to his father, I still find this attitude on the Elgin to be troubling
Attitude?... I think making a decision and sucking with it is admirable in the lead of a car company. Probably none of he people who "hate" he Lord Elgin dash has seen it installed in an Elio. It may just look like it fits perfectly. I prefer needles in my dash but I surely don't see the Lord Elgin dash to be so horrible it would warrant removing it from the vehicle. Seriously, I can't imagine being spun up enough about a dash to go through the effort in removing it. Opinion, butthole, check and check.

Top Bottom