• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Borrow $240 Mil, Or Borrow Alot Less And Start Out Slow?

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ford started small until he invented the assembly line. Then he was able to hire a lot of people at a living wage and produce cars that people (not just rich people) could afford to buy.
Remember... Ford didn't invent the assembly line. He was the first who used a moving assembly line to build vehicles though.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Remember... Ford didn't invent the assembly line. He was the first who used a moving assembly line to build vehicles though.
That's correct, because as we all know it was Lord Elgin (the 7th Earl of Elgin) who first utilized the assembly line for manufacture of small speedometers in carriages for the nobility in England of the early 1800's. Later in 1810 he adapted his process to streamline the removal of ancient artifacts from the Parthenon in Greece. But of course we all know him here for his contributions to the Elio's dashboard. PS: who invented the assembly line?

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's correct, because as we all know it was Lord Elgin (the 7th Earl of Elgin) who first utilized the assembly line for manufacture of small speedometers in carriages for the nobility in England of the early 1800's. Later in 1810 he adapted his process to streamline the removal of ancient artifacts from the Parthenon in Greece. But of course we all know him here for his contributions to the Elio's dashboard. PS: who invented the assembly line?
Most people in the U.S. aren't familiar with the Elgin Marbles (they think it's a kid's game), a proud moment in British history. As for the creator of the assembly line, I had just recently stumbled on this interesting factoid but I double checked my facts just to make sure. The man was Ransom Olds, yes , that Olds! His car with the curved dash was a big success and he needed a way to assemble it more quickly. He later left Olds and went on to form REO, his initials and another great name in automotive history. You're welcome!

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Most people in the U.S. aren't familiar with the Elgin Marbles (they think it's a kid's game), a proud moment in British history. As for the creator of the assembly line, I had just recently stumbled on this interesting factoid but I double checked my facts just to make sure. The man was Ransom Olds, yes , that Olds! His car with the curved dash was a big success and he needed a way to assemble it more quickly. He later left Olds and went on to form REO, his initials and another great name in automotive history. You're welcome!
Wow, I never knew the history of where O-REO's came from or that it was so close to the automotive industry! Cool!

Top Bottom