• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Borrow $240 Mil, Or Borrow Alot Less And Start Out Slow?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Interesting however the headline is misleading as the GAO report does not say the program won't make a profit. The report actually says that there was an issue with administrative costs and the program would not make a profit if things continued that way. However the report also says that the DOE has potentially addressed these issues by raising fees and as a result it is too early to tell if this will be effective, or not, in covering the gap.
Triple like for fact checking!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I didn't say I believed it. I said I saw it. Which is 100% verifiable and true.
If unsure it's always better not to spread the intended negative political gossip of the source because it may jeopordize the DOE Loan Program's future to include the ATVM. Political news sources are like news media trolls trying to undermine a program that has current/overall future energy conservation benefit for all to include the Elio.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If unsure it's always better not to spread the intended negative political gossip of the source because it may jeopordize the DOE Loan Program's future to include the ATVM. Political news sources are like news media trolls trying to undermine a program that has current/overall future energy conservation benefit for all to include the Elio.
I give up.
We can't say or do anything without being accused of some political bend.
Man, I just linked to a news story for crying out loud...

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It was a scam from the start most knew that . It was a way to take tax payer money and play out an agenda. Green is a scan and will always be.
I would be nice if they were going to give all that money away they gave it to programs that will actually do some good. Like ELIO. Heck ELIO is not asking for free cash the just want a Loan.
I bet if the handed ELIO 250 million it would not be wasted on party time and big retirement funds for those well connected. It would produce a car that just may make a difference.
No it's not! Yes it is! No it's not! Fisker defaulted on their ATVM loan, Tesla Motors's re-paid in full ahead of schedule. I hope Elio is able to take advantage of what you call a scam program. The program hasn't lost taxpayer money and is fact checked source reported to be in the black overall with more successes than failures. Again, I hope Elio has the opportunity to repay or default on their ATVM approved scam loan approval. EM will have one hell of a party if it's approved. So will I!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I give up.
We can't say or do anything without being accused of some political bend.
Man, I just linked to a news story for crying out loud...
It wasn't personal. Please don't give up! Fox is the politcal bend not you. I'll go back into hybernation. I'm not even sure why I replied to begin with as it doesn't really matter.

Top Bottom