• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Borrow $240 Mil, Or Borrow Alot Less And Start Out Slow?

Spyche Chaos

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I think I read some where Elio wants to borrow $240 mil to get production started? Would it make more sense to borrow a lot less, and start out production slow? I think starting out slow would be more beneficial, and a lot less risky, than borrowing big. When in the hole for big bucks, any hiccup in the economy or business plan could put them under real quick. Your thoughts?

They keep repeating the "economy of scale" mantra; it's totally irrelevant if no one will lend them that much.

Spyche Chaos

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Elio: "We won't build a single vehicle until we can build 250,000. Please give us 200 million bucks"

Anyone with sense: "How many orders do you have?"

Elio: "around 42,000."

< checkbook snaps closed >

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I noticed this post on EM's Facebook page in response to a question, I thought it was interesting.

funds.png

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score

Interesting however the headline is misleading as the GAO report does not say the program won't make a profit. The report actually says that there was an issue with administrative costs and the program would not make a profit if things continued that way. However the report also says that the DOE has potentially addressed these issues by raising fees and as a result it is too early to tell if this will be effective, or not, in covering the gap.

DOE has revised its fee structure in new solicitations to allow increases in certain borrower fees, potentially addressing the gap between administrative costs and fee collections. At this time, it is too early to tell whether DOE’s actions will result in sufficient funds to offset LGP’s future administrative costs.

http://www.gao.gov/assets/670/669847.pdf

Last edited:

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score

It was a scam from the start most knew that . It was a way to take tax payer money and play out an agenda. Green is a scan and will always be.
I would be nice if they were going to give all that money away they gave it to programs that will actually do some good. Like ELIO. Heck ELIO is not asking for free cash the just want a Loan.
I bet if the handed ELIO 250 million it would not be wasted on party time and big retirement funds for those well connected. It would produce a car that just may make a difference.

Top Bottom