• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Delay To 2017 And Beyond

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I talked to one of the VPs at Elio today. There was some kind of miscommunication between Jerome and Tony. NOTHING HAS CHANGED. Elio Motors is STILL targeting 2016 for production start. As Paul Elio stated in the Reddit AMA, a timeline with responsibilities will be forthcoming from the supplier summit being held later this month.
#18 and #6853
GEAUX Elio!
For those that may not know, Deborah is kind of a big-wig celebrity on the Elio Facebook page. She has a lot of passion and insight into the process. She and Jerome and Paul very well be on a first name basis as she has attended many press conferences and events with the team. It is an honor and privilege to have her here and I hope that she will stick around and add some pep and knowledge to this forum.
Welcome Deborah!

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I know this has been kicked around too,there are/were deadlines that had to be met by Elio Motors to the Owner of the property, and local government officials ?? with penalties??
hey-XI:LIV time to dream of those "Magic cookies" when I get to Seattle next week!!
EM will face a penalty owed to Racer Trust, not Caddo Parish, if they do not start hiring by May of next year. Paul Elio did say last Jamuary Racer trust was giving them an extension on getting things going at the plant but, not on hiring.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Agreed. There won't be any crash test results to file with the government, unless the Autocycle bill passes and requires it (the Elio is a motorcycle right now, not a car). But I suspect (hope?) results are sent to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety to hopefully get rated by them, which should help drive the cost to insure an Elio. Insurance has been an open ended question all along, but at some point the insurance companies will need to set rates based on something, and I'd hope these crash tests would be a big part of the something.
You can bet on it. EM knows perfectly well that a strong safety rating is key to success of the car, and they won't release the car without test results that look -- and are -- great. The E series will be tested to get that rating, or at least to demonstrate that the car meets the standards for that rating.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah. You can bet weight, likelihood of doing damage (and amount), likelihood of sustaining damage, and the vehicles' ability to avoid accidents will have a lot to do with how much insurance will cost. I mean really, how much can a $7,000 1,200 pound car cost to ensure?
A little based on replacement cost and damage it can do. A lot if people are going to get killed driving it.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I talked to one of the VPs at Elio today. There was some kind of miscommunication between Jerome and Tony. NOTHING HAS CHANGED. Elio Motors is STILL targeting 2016 for production start. As Paul Elio stated in the Reddit AMA, a timeline with responsibilities will be forthcoming from the supplier summit being held later this month.
#18 and #6853
GEAUX Elio!
THAT timeline is one I want to see. If they an actually do that, and it's not pie-in-the-sky, it means they have a genuine line on the money.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
#18 and #6853
GEAUX Elio!
The supplier summit is next week.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ok, this is getting silly..... everyone knows this is where the spouse goes.

oh-no-you-dittent.jpg
#18 and #6853
GEAUX Elio!
Thanks. You must be an LSU fan with the Geaux there.

Top Bottom