• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Disturbing

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think that's conjecture Smitty. If I wanted to grow my business, let alone not end up the laughing stock of the automotive industry I really don't see the incentive for companies like Dakkota, Peterson Spring, Irvin, Lear, etc, etc, etc to have anything to do with Elio Motors..... unless they reasonably believe Elio Motors has a shot, and will fight as hard as they can to succeed. I'd have to question any business that lightly gave away brand quality as you suggest.

The business world doesn't think like that. If you have money and are willing to do business, then game on.

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The business world doesn't think like that. If you have money and are willing to do business, then game on.
They made a comedy movie one time . It had a old guy went back to college he was a businessman and had done very well. He made a fool of those that pretended to teach how business works.
Not one of the so called suppliers at this point have any thing at risk until they do all the talk about the big name suppliers is meaningless.
Not even PB has come out and said anything publicly about their part in EM. If cash rolls in they will supply EM with anything they can afford.
With out the cash meaningless sale pitches.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The sales pitches are generating the cash and public support on their way to production .... without them, the project would have died months if not years ago .... as it is, naysayers aside (including those who profess to support the project yet can't resist throwing in BUT, after But, after BUT) .... none of the suppliers would permit their names to be used if they didn't support the project .... rather, they would be taking all manner of legal steps to distance themselves .... that's not happening

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They made a comedy movie one time . It had a old guy went back to college he was a businessman and had done very well. He made a fool of those that pretended to teach how business works.
Not one of the so called suppliers at this point have any thing at risk until they do all the talk about the big name suppliers is meaningless.
Not even PB has come out and said anything publicly about their part in EM. If cash rolls in they will supply EM with anything they can afford.
With out the cash meaningless sale pitches.
What business do you work in that easily risks it's brand by hopping into bed with any business?

I had to sign a three page legal agreement with Harvard Pilgrim Healthcare to use their name for a small therapeutic garden project I developed at work. For larger projects where real money is involved I've always had many hoops to jump through with repurcussions if I did not follow the agreement. I still don't see the risk in a therapeutic garden, they do, if I want to partner with them then I have to understand they call the shots.

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
John you miss the point. At this stage EM and the suppliers are not doing anything. It is all hype at this point. no contracts no cash has changed hands. No products being exchanged.\Health care therapeutic gardens . Not the same world the rest of us function in.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
John you miss the point. At this stage EM and the suppliers are not doing anything. It is all hype at this point. no contracts no cash has changed hands. No products being exchanged.\Health care therapeutic gardens . Not the same world the rest of us function in.

the point being missed is that some folks form opinions based on little to no first hand, inside factual information and then post them as fact .... just because something isn't released openly, that doesn't mean it isn't taking place .... the supplier summits that EM has had and has scheduled for the near future would seem to indicate to me that project coordination has been and continues to take place

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
the point being missed is that some folks form opinions based on little to no first hand, inside factual information and then post them as fact .... just because something isn't released openly, that doesn't mean it isn't taking place .... the supplier summits that EM has had and has scheduled for the near future would seem to indicate to me that project coordination has been and continues to take place
I agree, BUT given past delays, also seems that even when facts are released openly means it isn't guaranteed to be taking place. My opinions have been based on EM's information released since 2008 and their progress to date. They are my opinions and my perception of EM.

EM's progress since their reservation program and 2014/2015 anticipated production dates, beyond the highly successful marketing campaign has been a little underwhelming. EM's marketing campaign has drawn reservationist support as well as partner supplier support. The suppliers apparently feel it can happen and are ready to supply parts if or when it does. They are all in with nothing to lose. What EM hasn't been able to do is draw major funding support to move this concept forward to production. Elio may happen when it's good and ready.

I support EM and understand supporters with BUTS. I actually have a but or two until the P5-30s roll out. They are the key indicator that EM has met that all important milestone of moving the Elio closer to production. "Should be less than 2 years" works for me, BUT I'm old and will have to find another fun vehicle to drive in the meantime. I hope they succeed, no BUTS.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I agree, BUT given past delays, also seems that even when facts are released openly means it isn't guaranteed to be taking place. My opinions have been based on EM's information released since 2008 and their progress to date. They are my opinions and my perception of EM.

EM's progress since their reservation program and 2014/2015 anticipated production dates, beyond the highly successful marketing campaign has been a little underwhelming. EM's marketing campaign has drawn reservationist support as well as partner supplier support. The suppliers apparently feel it can happen and are ready to supply parts if or when it does. They are all in with nothing to lose. What EM hasn't been able to do is draw major funding support to move this concept forward to production. Elio may happen when it's good and ready.

I support EM and understand supporters with BUTS. I actually have a but or two until the P5-30s roll out. They are the key indicator that EM has met that all important milestone of moving the Elio closer to production. "Should be less than 2 years" works for me, BUT I'm old and will have to find another fun vehicle to drive in the meantime. I hope they succeed, no BUTS.

well reasoned and I would contend that your comments are based on the facts at hand .... where I would differ a bit would be in believing that all BUTS with vanish into the Xenon Mist when the P5-30's roll out or even when they start hiring factory workers .... I wouldn't be happy to hear that Mid 2016 will turn into Mid 2017 but if that's what it turns out to be, that's what it will be .... for the "are we there yet" folks, there will no doubt be much more whining, weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Elio has no scheduled. If EM had last year ordered seat of going into production as they told us they were going to do. They would be in court now being sued for balance due.
Bet on this many suppliers will want major payment up front when any orders are placed. Yes I do know what I am talking about.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score

50 Mil (contemporaneous) funding sources + 185 ATVM + 15 Mil in the Kitty = $250,000,000 Production goal. Simple really...........

Top Bottom