• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Disturbing

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Elio has no scheduled. If EM had last year ordered seat of going into production as they told us they were going to do. They would be in court now being sued for balance due.
Bet on this many suppliers will want major payment up front when any orders are placed. Yes I do know what I am talking about.

I tend to believe that they have a flexible schedule but from past experience of being pounded (fairly or unfairly) by doubters, haters, childish "are we there yet'ers" , and so on, they aren't releasing such info .... instead they are now in a mode where they release info after it has been accomplished .... it would make sense to me that manufactures would expect up front payment for merchandise .... it also makes sense to me that they wouldn't require anywhere near as big of an upfront payment for "off the shelf" parts where the expenses for development and tooling up for production has already been taken care of

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I tend to believe that they have a flexible schedule but from past experience of being pounded (fairly or unfairly) by doubters, haters, childish "are we there yet'ers" , and so on, they aren't releasing such info .... instead they are now in a mode where they release info after it has been accomplished .... it would make sense to me that manufactures would expect up front payment for merchandise .... it also makes sense to me that they wouldn't require anywhere near as big of an upfront payment for "off the shelf" parts where the expenses for development and tooling up for production has already been taken care of
Plus any vendor will always do a NET30 up to a NET90 if they know your credit will handle it.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
50 Mil (contemporaneous) funding sources + 185 ATVM + 15 Mil in the Kitty = $250,000,000 Production goal. Simple really...........
image.jpg

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What manufacture today has a huge inventory of off shelf parts? None nearly every one has gone to just in time manufacturing and delivery . This has been the trend for many years and is not going to change.
As for flexible schedule double talk for not having one. ELIO has not to this day met any project goal they have announced or hinted to. Main reason they no longer even try.
Facing the facts is not being a hater.

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What manufacture today has a huge inventory of off shelf parts? None nearly every one has gone to just in time manufacturing and delivery . This has been the trend for many years and is not going to change.
As for flexible schedule double talk for not having one. ELIO has not to this day met any project goal they have announced or hinted to. Main reason they no longer even try.
Even with an established car company, it takes years to go from drawing board to production.
http://www.quora.com/Automobile-Design-How-long-does-it-take-to-develop-a-car-design-from-scratch

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

twisting the facts so as to prove a point comes pretty close .... just in time is most certainly the industry norm .... when EM starts purchasing products they won't come from stock, rather from an increase in production .... EM (just as is the case with new customers in general) will coordinate with the manufactures so as to give them sufficient lead time to increase production

Last edited:

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
John you miss the point. At this stage EM and the suppliers are not doing anything. It is all hype at this point. no contracts no cash has changed hands. No products being exchanged.\Health care therapeutic gardens . Not the same world the rest of us function in.

the point being missed is that some folks form opinions based on little to no first hand, inside factual information and then post them as fact .... just because something isn't released openly, that doesn't mean it isn't taking place .... the supplier summits that EM has had and has scheduled for the near future would seem to indicate to me that project coordination has been and continues to take place

I think the point that is being missed is the supplier summits do cost money.
They have to have meeting rooms, breakout rooms, probably meals, lodging.
And while the engineers are at these summits, probably with management/sales people, they are not doing their regular jobs which generate revenue.
So please don't miss the point. These summits cost money and are done based on the idea of future sales.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Once again, you made your own counterpoint.
........."What manufacture today has a huge inventory of off shelf parts?"............
They don't, and to meet the needs of a new customer (Elio) they have to provide the initial inventory, how many days supply at what production level?
Adjust their own production schedule to make sure they produce enough.
Adjust shipping schedules so that parts reach the new customer on time.
And that all has to be coordinated with multiple other suppliers.
That's a lot of coordination when there are 37 companies involved.

Last edited:

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Until contracts are signed, cash paid out it is all meaningless babble with the so called suppliers. No supplier ramps up production with out some form of payment arrangement made. It just does not happen anymore.
You can dream all you want but it is what it is. Until EM can put cash on the table no supplier will do much to increase production to supply them.

Top Bottom