• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Eastern Catalytic - Exhaust And Trailer Hitch

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe EM or a supplier will come up with an aerodynamic roof carrier that looks good. Hope so, sometimes I need more space.

I'm going to whip up something like this out of fiberglass (including the side bags using the front wheel fairings as molds), maybe CG if I can find a deal on a roll.

roadtripper.jpg

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm going to whip up something like this out of fiberglass (including the side bags using the front wheel fairings as molds), maybe CG if I can find a deal on a roll.

View attachment 3272

I can only wish I had the talent to fabricate something like that .... I have little doubt that once you get a pattern down you can market them if you wish .... as something to think about, with no rear window in the truck lid, how about raising it to where it is open to the level of the roof and putting sides and a back in the open area .... in other words, creating a van in which the trunk space would be doubled or even tripled .. :cool: ... if the extension could be slid in when needed and removed (something like a shell for a pickup truck), that could be a handy thing to have

Jim

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can only wish I had the talent to fabricate something like that .... I have little doubt that once you get a pattern down you can market them if you wish .... as something to think about, with no rear window in the truck lid, how about raising it to where it is open to the level of the roof and putting sides and a back in the open area .... in other words, creating a van in which the trunk space would be doubled or even tripled .. :cool: ... if the extension could be slid in when needed and removed (something like a shell for a pickup truck), that could be a handy thing to have

Jim
I think that is an outstanding idea for doubling the rear cargo area!

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As for extra carrying room I would rather the rear door hinge two ways. From the top and the bottom. That way you could carry larger (longer) packages if
needed. Or be great for those tailgate parties. Beer, burgers, chips and etc. or just a quick hand of poker or shooting dice.

Elio Rear Door.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: KD

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Jim

:eek: That's a thought! A slide-in truck camper style cargo carrier contoured to the roof line. A little rubber seal to block the wind, and protect the paint job. Make it light enough that two people can install/remove once you get where you're going. I like it!:) Okay...back to the drawing board.

Top Bottom