• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elgin Gas And Temp Gauges

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey, if we have to hold our noses when voting these days, there's no reason Paul shouldn't have to hold his while doing something people really want that he doesn't much care for.

Okay so I guess you're going to delete this post but at least I got to say it once.

BiloxiGeek

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's a one time mention; but perhaps the wall has a small opening in it.
I say let's see if we hear it mentioned again in the next public statement.
That would be a big event if there is; and if there is, I'm sure Paul is gritting his teeth when he says it.
Maybe this new help they hired found a weak spot.
Elio as a company and Paul himself seem to have been hyping up this idea of unprecedented customization for the Elio. To then lock in a single idea for the dash and instrumentation just does not make any sense to me.

My hope is when myelio.me goes live Elio has at least a couple provisional options for the dash board and instrumentation. Then the customers can really indicate what we want to buy and from that a good business decision can be made.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio as a company and Paul himself seem to have been hyping up this idea of unprecedented customization for the Elio. To then lock in a single idea for the dash and instrumentation just does not make any sense to me.

My hope is when myelio.me goes live Elio has at least a couple provisional options for the dash board and instrumentation. Then the customers can really indicate what we want to buy and from that a good business decision can be made.
The problem is on this particular topic Paul is not entirely rational. It's personal for him. But I certainly hope you're correct.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Even though I am reserving judgment on the Elgin gauges until I get a chance to see them, I admit that I'd be tempted by an electronic/LED panel instrument cluster. I'm just not sure I'd be willing to pay what it would cost. The Elio is, for me, inexpensive and fuel efficient transportation.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey, if we have to hold our noses when voting these days, there's no reason Paul shouldn't have to hold his while doing something people really want that he doesn't much care for.

Okay so I guess you're going to delete this post but at least I got to say it once.
I'm going to leave it, but it really is pushing on the line.
Mostly because you left out specifics.:p

Plus you knew it because you corrected yourself.
So the self correction is good enough for me ;)

Reactions: Ekh

LGilbert

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
You can always voice your disappointment with someone at the company. I did. It hasn't changed the non-functional instrument cluster, but it made me feel a little better. One way or another, there will be a replacement. Queue the George Michael or Limp Bizkit.

The only real problem with the Elgin (Magoo) is the tach. A speedo the size of a fortune cookie paper is pathetic, but livable. I have already purchased an Ecliptech shift-i, programmable shift light indicator (left most light at 2500 for best mileage shifting, redline at 6500 with increments between). The curved model will be overlaid over the Magoo tach and should look great. A problem with replacing the whole Magoo is losing the correct odometer and the warning lights circuits. Overlaying the dysfunctional tach with a modern shift indicator is an economical way to get functionality without butchering the dash or losing what functionality it has.

Shift-I - Shift Light - Ecliptech

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The only real problem with the Elgin (Magoo) is the tach. A speedo the size of a fortune cookie paper is pathetic, but livable. I have already purchased an Ecliptech shift-i, programmable shift light indicator (left most light at 2500 for best mileage shifting, redline at 6500 with increments between). The curved model will be overlaid over the Magoo tach and should look great. A problem with replacing the whole Magoo is losing the correct odometer and the warning lights circuits. Overlaying the dysfunctional tach with a modern shift indicator is an economical way to get functionality without butchering the dash or losing what functionality it has.

Shift-I - Shift Light - Ecliptech

Where do you get 6500 RPM red line?
I thought I had read someplace that it would be more like 7200 to 7500 RPM.
I'm trying to find a HUD with the correct display range.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Don't know what you drive right now, but did you have any option in that.
I still like the digital dash in my old '89 LeBaron but I can't get that anymore.

Top Bottom