• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Crowdfunding

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
cf.jpg

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Some are just hackers trying to probe the system and see how it works and what they can manipulate.

In the future it may involve gaming the system to manipulate stock prices in the industry or some other play. If they somehow segway into an identity maybe the play is to trigger a refund, but to a spoofed account. Ya never know.

I'll can it now, I don't want to give the unimmaginative any new ideas.

info appreciated .... I hadn't thought of anything in that direction .... hopefully, they will earn nothing but frustration

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
other than just to prove they could get an offer accepted, I can't see what the cheaters' motivation could be at this point .... the $25M goal has been reached and exceeded .... what do they think they can accomplish ?
We all know that there are industries/ entities that will not benefit from the success of this wonderful venture.
I read an article recently that was very enlightening (but not surprising) to me. It goes with the saying, "you gotta spend money to make money." That is what the "big boys" have learned to do very well. Weather they are paying "experts" to "polish their image", or "tarnish the image" of the competition, there is money to be made. just my 2 cents.

http://food.ndtv.com/food-drinks/coca-cola-pays-nutritionists-to-call-coke-a-healthy-snack-750007

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
We all know that there are industries/ entities that will not benefit from the success of this wonderful venture.
I read an article recently that was very enlightening (but not surprising) to me. It goes with the saying, "you gotta spend money to make money." That is what the "big boys" have learned to do very well. Weather they are paying "experts" to "polish their image", or "tarnish the image" of the competition, there is money to be made. just my 2 cents.

http://food.ndtv.com/food-drinks/coca-cola-pays-nutritionists-to-call-coke-a-healthy-snack-750007

interesting .... another area that I hadn't considered .... info appreciated

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Some are just hackers trying to probe the system and see how it works and what they can manipulate.

In the future it may involve gaming the system to manipulate stock prices in the industry or some other play. If they somehow segway into an identity maybe the play is to trigger a refund, but to a spoofed account. Ya never know.

I'll can it now, I don't want to give the unimmaginative any new ideas.
I'm beginning to think that hackers should be punished in seriously nasty ways, given that they are creating tremendous damage to our financial system, national security system, and individual privacy. First offense: amputation of the dominant hand at the wrist. Second offense: rendition to Chad for 10 years. Or something like that, basically some place with ZERO connectivity of any sort beyond smoke signals.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm beginning to think that hackers should be punished in seriously nasty ways, given that they are creating tremendous damage to our financial system, national security system, and individual privacy. First offense: amputation of the dominant hand at the wrist. Second offense: rendition to Chad for 10 years. Or something like that, basically some place with ZERO connectivity of any sort beyond smoke signals.
Third offense: They have to listen to Justin Beiber for 2 hours.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It would really take a structural change to the anonymity aspect of the web, starting at the IP methodology. The whole thing would have to be rebuilt from the ground up to identify and retain who is at each IP, or at least the location. And that is something the current social norm is dead set against, since it represents rigid big-brother leverage over all the users.

Truly, the StartEngine host should have structured an interaction to at least set this issue outside our view. However, that was not likely possible, without some experience online. A charge of 1 dollar for example, would have filtered out all the hobbyist hackers at least. And would have limited the professional hackers to affordable alternatives. But that may have greatly slowed down the requests and affronted many people.

Still, maybe a interoperation with pay-pal could have retained the accessibility and a 25c charge not affronted many people.

Top Bottom