• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Crowdfunding

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am not saying I like the situation, but realistically, it wont matter in the long run. I imagine if the Mustang had been delayed 3 years, would there be no Ford Mustang today? would it have flopped or not sold? probably not. From a business stand point, they don't really have anything to loose by keeping their cards close to the vest. Let's face it, we, as a group here are already sold on it, (preaching to the choir here), there is not much Elio could do to scare us off, sure they could delay til we are all gone due to old age, but again they already have our money @100% profit (actually more since nothing was made/sold) so at this point they don't need to pander to us much, we are already on-board.
I agree and don't believe such a scenario to happen. However, I do believe pandering is a sign of good customer service/relations. We all like to be pandered, at least I do. EM pandered to us in the beginning to get us on board and should continue to pander to us now and in the future.

Bilbo B

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When years go by, and there's no car, you HAVE to start sharing information or people just wander off or purposely walk away. Sharing info may be their inclination, but it's a necessary strategy at this point. And they're darn picky about which information they do share, and when they share it. For instance, we still do not know how much money they still need (after allowing $25 million for crowd funding, which seems a likely net) to reach production -- let alone how that money is budgeted and sourced. Investors really do want and need that information. Think of it as the investor's protecting themselves from having smoke blown up their orifices.
I'm hoping/expecting that the A+ investors will get some of that information as part of the information we get prior to actually investing. It will be interesting to see how open they are with 'investors' as opposed to 'future owners'. Giving that information to 7500 people, even under a non-disclosure agreement, is going to be hard for them. You just know it's going to all get out.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't think there will be that large of a pool of people who haven't heard of the Elio that will be watching, so I am guessing no big uptick.
Yes, in theory the Forbes interview brings a new crowd up to the A+ soap-box. So this should produce at least something in addition to the rate we had lately. And this group possibly has more money. But will they commit that money? We'll see in the next 24 hours.

I'm not expecting a huge jump. But at least something.

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree and don't believe such a scenario to happen. However, I do believe pandering is a sign of good customer service/relations. We all like to be pandered, at least I do. EM pandered to us in the beginning to get us on board and should continue to pander to us now and in the future.
That's (unfortunately) not how it works, if I sell a widget (Bowers brand widgets ®), and I know X amount of people are already waiting to buy it, I don't need to advertise to them, I need to advertise to those who aren't already on-board, I need to convert people who normally buy ACME widgets, so I need to focus on the dollars not heading my way, not the dollars already being handed over..

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, in theory the Forbes interview brings a new crowd up to the A+ soap-box. So this should produce at least something in addition to the rate we had lately. And this group possibly has more money. But will they commit that money? We'll see in the next 24 hours.

I'm not expecting a huge jump. But at least something.
Id like to see the numbers on people following the Forbes interview, then minus the (already-in) Elio crowd, the pool can't be that big.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's (unfortunately) not how it works, if I sell a widget (Bowers brand widgets ®), and I know X amount of people are already waiting to buy it, I don't need to advertise to them, I need to advertise to those who aren't already on-board, I need to convert people who normally buy ACME widgets, so I need to focus on the dollars not heading my way, not the dollars already being handed over..
One thing to get customers, another to keep the ones you have (much cheaper than advertising for new ones). I am as brand loyal as a customer can be until I see the brand begins to treat both old and new customers like crap or the product quality fails. I refuse to support that kind of company.

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One thing to get customers, another to keep the ones you have (much cheaper than advertising for new ones). I am as brand loyal as a customer can be until I see the brand begins to treat both old and new customers like crap or the product quality fails. I refuse to support that kind of company.
Oh, I totally agree (Sears has lost me as a customer because of this), but at this point, if Elio does NOTHING but give us the basic updates AND the Elio comes out mid 2016, I don't think we would care that much. Think about it, we get sh*t info from now till the vehicle comes out (on time) and now 5 - 7 years from now you are looking to replace your Elio (with 200,000 miles on it) and it was trouble free, would you still be sour or happy to buy another?..

Top Bottom