• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Crowdfunding

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
cf.png

BADBOY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't know why I keep checking in here; I must be a masochist. I get 2-3 emails a day from EM that seem to be positive and then I read here about timeline for production is from 12 - 24 months out. Sheesh

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't know why I keep checking in here; I must be a masochist. I get 2-3 emails a day from EM that seem to be positive and then I read here about timeline for production is from 12 - 24 months out. Sheesh

That was debunked. Target is still this time next year.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They did start that last fund raiser on time... :rolleyes:
I still find it quaint that anyone believes that creation of new things is a linear process. The activities which are more linear Elio Motors has as good a handle on as any company out there. EM's "mistake" has been in sharing too much information something other businesses don't

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I still find it quaint that anyone believes that creation of new things is a linear process. The activities which are more linear Elio Motors has as good a handle on as any company out there. EM's "mistake" has been in sharing too much information something other businesses don't
When years go by, and there's no car, you HAVE to start sharing information or people just wander off or purposely walk away. Sharing info may be their inclination, but it's a necessary strategy at this point. And they're darn picky about which information they do share, and when they share it. For instance, we still do not know how much money they still need (after allowing $25 million for crowd funding, which seems a likely net) to reach production -- let alone how that money is budgeted and sourced. Investors really do want and need that information. Think of it as the investor's protecting themselves from having smoke blown up their orifices.

Moral: good, honest, ongoing, timely, and even slightly risky communications are any company's best bet, unless they're building A-bombs or biological warfare components -- not EM's problem.

PS -- given the timing of today's Forbes interview, with the suppliers' summit coming up next week I really doubt that we'll see any revelations via Forbes ... they'll wait til after the summit.

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When years go by, and there's no car, you HAVE to start sharing information or people just wander off or purposely walk away. Sharing info may be their inclination, but it's a necessary strategy at this point. And they're darn picky about which information they do share, and when they share it. For instance, we still do not know how much money they still need (after allowing $25 million for crowd funding, which seems a likely net) to reach production -- let alone how that money is budgeted and sourced. Investors really do want and need that information. Think of it as the investor's protecting themselves from having smoke blown up their orifices.

Moral: good, honest, ongoing, timely, and even slightly risky communications are any company's best bet, unless they're building A-bombs or biological warfare components -- not EM's problem.

PS -- given the timing of today's Forbes interview, with the suppliers' summit coming up next week I really doubt that we'll see any revelations via Forbes ... they'll wait til after the summit.
I disagree, let's say all 44,000 walk away from Elio, (they already have our money), and let's say the Elio comes out in 2019, millions WONT care, they will just go buy one with no drama or worry... Sure 44,000+ will be very pissed off, but most customers will have no idea that this all happened before they purchased their vehicle.

Last edited:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It is sort of a catch 22. The previous common perception for this type of vehicle was that it was expected to be a niche market at maximum. That had to be won upfront which required an intimate dialog with the public. IMHO, this crowd-funding depended on that to an even greater degree. From here on out, I think EM still wants grass-roots support. But is such an 'intimate' dialog required now? To make a full year's of reservations, probably, but judiciously.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I disagree, let's say all 44,000 walk away from Elio, (they already have our money), and let's say the Elio comes out in 2019, millions WONT care, they will gust go buy one with no drama or worry... Sure 44,000+ will be very pissed off, but most customers will have no idea that this all happened before they purchased their vehicle.
I like your argument, but at 70, 2019 a risky four years away -- by then I may be dead, incapacitated, or broke. Only in the first case would I not care about getting my Elio sooner!

Top Bottom