• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Gauge Cluster - Lord Elgin? - Other Options?

Elgin Dash Yes or No?

• Total voters

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Actually EM's official position is that the final dash design has not yet been decided.

They are fully aware of where people stand,

we are also baseing our discussion on renderings/photos which we also know are not up to date however they are the newest we have.

agreed on most points .... but, the tone of the facebook reply from someone in the company seems to indicate that a decision has been made .... they have staged marketing events all over this country using vehicles with the dash shown in their literature and featured it in their videos as well .... a dash which from all data I've seen has been well received by the public .... realizing the company's valid obsession with saving every dime and their right to make production changes, in marketing there is known a concept of bait and switch .... here again, not exactly an indicator of being a different kind of car company

Jim

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
agreed on most points .... but, the tone of the facebook reply from someone in the company seems to indicate that a decision has been made .... they have staged marketing events all over this country using vehicles with the dash shown in their literature and featured it in their videos as well .... a dash which from all data I've seen has been well received by the public .... realizing the company's valid obsession with saving every dime and their right to make production changes, in marketing there is known a concept of bait and switch .... here again, not exactly an indicator of being a different kind of car company

Jim

We have had this discussion several times especially when the transition from P3 to P4 occurred as there was some major design changes. We all need to keep in mind that this vehicle is a prototype and as such it is subject to change before final production. Also for everyone who makes a reservation it is essentially stated that nothing is guaranteed.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
By every indication It's a different kind of car company. I've never known any car company to involve future owners in any part of the design, development, and manufacturing process........let alone invite us to the plant to pick up our vehicle. I spend some time on the Elio FB Page and have never sensed a take it or leave it attitude. With that said whenever the final production prototype is released for public viewing......I will take it or leave it........99% sure I'll take it.

Sidecar Bob

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I signed up to buy an auto-cycle that is being designed and built by ELIO Motors.

My decision is based on the Hallmarks that Elio has established:

84 MPG highway, 5 Star crash test rating, American Made, $ 6800. Price goal,
Including/ AC, Power windows & locks, AM/FM stereo and a 3 yr./36,000 mile Warranty

This is Mr. Elio’s adventure, that I am following.

So far I believe that ELIO is doing a good job of meeting the hallmarks.

I am willing to wait to see the complete package that Elio is providing.

Then I will add change, paint and alter it to my needs and desires.
Bob

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My decision is based on the Hallmarks that Elio has established:

84 MPG highway, 5 Star crash test rating, American Made, $ 6800. Price goal,

So far I believe that ELIO is doing a good job of meeting the hallmarks.

Bob

there are literally tens of thousands of folks across the country that share your hope .... the reality is, so far as has been released, not a single motor has been built or tested .... at this point 84 MPG is nothing more than a computer simulation .... a simulation that we most certainly hope real world testing will verify .... the same is true for the 5 star crash rating .... I'm sure that there are some highly qualified bean counters hard at work trying to hold the line at $6800 .... the next few months should tell the story

Jim

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
there are literally tens of thousands of folks across the country that share your hope .... the reality is, so far as has been released, not a single motor has been built or tested .... at this point 84 MPG is nothing more than a computer simulation .... a simulation that we most certainly hope real world testing will verify .... the same is true for the 5 star crash rating .... I'm sure that there are some highly qualified bean counters hard at work trying to hold the line at $6800 .... the next few months should tell the story

Jim

I did happen to read in a reply from Elio motors that they have achieved 81mpg. Now where that was, I will have some hunting to do. Yet I was pleased went I saw that response a few weeks ago. It may have been on an elio motors website which they were answering questions. I am one happy future Elio Owner when I read that :). Terrence (I will spend 30 minutes now to see if I can locate that in print.

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I did happen to read in a reply from Elio motors that they have achieved 81mpg. Now where that was, I will have some hunting to do. Yet I was pleased went I saw that response a few weeks ago. It may have been on an elio motors website which they were answering questions. I am one happy future Elio Owner when I read that :). Terrence (I will spend 30 minutes now to see if I can locate that in print.
Okay, here it was found; I had printed it off for my personal reference. For now I'll type from what I printed off on Sat Aug 16, 2014 at 832am. It is "Q&A questions by Silas Sunday. "
These were asked by the Town Hall attendees and answered by Paul Elio:This is the 22 question asked
:"Q How close are you to reaching the $6800 and 84 mpg?
A Right now if we launched today we are at $7300 and 81mpg. So I'm keeping everyone's feet to the fire pushing towards $6800."
Terrence :D The A, the answers were of Paul Elio.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's pretty cool- I wonder if it will be far enough away from me that I can read it in the early morning hours? I know that I've finally reached the point where my arms aren't long enough to allow my reading a newspaper without glasses.
Know the feeling.

Top Bottom