• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Gauge Cluster - Lord Elgin? - Other Options?

Elgin Dash Yes or No?

• Total voters

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Know the feeling.

Welcome to the club, time for bifocals eh :)
I have three sisters and I was the last one to wear glasses (bifocals). Yet I was the last of the four to get married, but the first to get divorced. Then my three sisters followed, each now divorced. I am the first of us four to purchase an Elio! I am curious if any of my three fabulous sisters will follow :D Elio owner in waiting
Terrence :)

MajorXx

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
panel.jpg

I would vote YES for this panel....

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
....They are fully aware of where people stand, and some people have likely taken letting them know that a bit far, however we are also basing our discussion on renderings/photos which we also know are not up to date however they are the newest we have.
If they want (or care) about 'feedback' on their CURRENT or NEWEST design...... all they have to do is PUBLISH it in their Weekly BLOG..... not too difficult! If they don't appreciate the 'comments'..... then just SHOW US something better.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
If they want (or care) about 'feedback' on their CURRENT or NEWEST design...... all they have to do is PUBLISH it in their Weekly BLOG..... not too difficult! If they don't appreciate the 'comments'..... then just SHOW US something better.

How do you know that will not happen at some point?

Whenever I see that someone on here has written 'all they have to do is x' that is essentially the tell tale sign that someone is underestimating what it really takes to accomplish 'x'. The truth is that there is very little in the actual process of designing a new vehicle from the ground up that can be accurately summarized with 'all they have to do is x'.

Some patience is required in all this as EM is not operating on our schedule. It is very quick and easy to read about something on the internet, form an opinion, and then complain about it over and over and over again way past when it would have been reasonable to do so in the offline world. It is also very easy to say 'all they have to do is x' however that ignores the fact that that It is not simple, fast, or easy to define exactly what requirements something like a gauge cluster must meet and then actually go through the design and engineering process to actually create it. On top of that this does not happen in a vacuum but instead is just one of many things which is being worked on at any time.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Elgin Dash Thread's first post was on March 18,2014. In the past 6 months EM has to have the final dash specified by now. Perhaps they are reluctant to showcase the Elgin Dash. EM should start sharing information in the weekly blog by showing off some of the individual off the shelf detail interior components to be used in the next Prototype builds along with the finalized list of available options. It would stop unnecessary speculation. I would add that most of the information we read on the internet comes directly from Elio Motors and there is every reason to believe what they say.............knowing full well schedules change in a very complex startup plan. We should sit back relax and watch everything fall into place. It is when it is.

Jambe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is what I intend to post over on Elio Motors FB page...

Concerning the instrument panel please consider making the turn signal arrow lights brighter than most. Also, make the click, click,click louder than most. A lot of older owners will be driving these and some need enhanced visual and auditory signals. :)

Would you agree?

(Couldn't do it today because we had to bury my mother-in-law. :()

Top Bottom