• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Lighting (head, Tail, Brake, Signal, Fog, Auxiliary, Blinking,etc...)

Would you choose optional lighting on your Elio? (choose all that apply)

• Yes, I want a "third" or higher brake light.

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • Yes, I want marker lights on the front wheels.

Votes: 32 74.4%
  • Yes, I want signal lights on the front wheels.

Votes: 27 62.8%
  • Yes, I want headlights, fog lights or similar on the front wheels.

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • No, I do not want any additional lighting.

Votes: 7 16.3%

• Total voters

PJ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
image.jpg

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Oh, man, I hate the Audi' s headlamps.
I was VW & Audi owner for years........didn't initially like the Audi headlamps either.......but they grew on me and would give the Elio front end expression.

I also didn't realize that Vassallo's auto industry background was with VW.........that brings good credentials to the Elio Team.

carzes

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'd like to see LED day lite running lights like they have on the Audi.
I'd be the last to advocate any delays or cost increase, but the coolness factor is going to be absolutely critical in Elio's success. If a cheap string of LED over the headlights helped it to look 'cooler' to the general public it might be a worthwhile investment. No one but the most hard-core money savers among us will buy the Elio if the general public decides it's a goofy looking dork-mobile. Not as though something that simple would make or break public perception but.... Oooh, Shiny!

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'd be the last to advocate any delays or cost increase, but the coolness factor is going to be absolutely critical in Elio's success. If a cheap string of LED over the headlights helped it to look 'cooler' to the general public it might be a worthwhile investment. No one but the most hard-core money savers among us will buy the Elio if the general public decides it's a goofy looking dork-mobile. Not as though something that simple would make or break public perception but.... Oooh, Shiny!
Good point. Other than the early adopter, hard core fan, if it looks like... and I quote from someone's web site "a virginity shield", Elio will be hard pressed to sustain sales.

2.ooohhh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
PJ, the angel eyes you posted are $169 a set before you even purchase the OE lights. The light housings to install them are around $500 per side before you buy OE ballasts or bulbs for the factory HIDs. That's around a $1600+ set of lights. Well out of the price range of an elio aiming for a sub 7k price.

Don't get me wrong, I love a sharp looking set of headlights or tail lights on my cars as much as the next guy, I just don't see the high end OE xenon lights fitting into the elio's pricing goals. These below were around $800 per side my cost to upgrade. Full retail they are over $2k. I could have replaced the stock halogen lights for under $700 total.
1545576233_2c7600cd6a_z.jpg

1546428734_972eefa696_z.jpg

1546450812_64948f460b_z.jpg

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
not only is the Elio cool...........Elio fans are cool people...........not worried much about what a few not so cool people may think or say about their cool choices in transportation. Even it if wasn't cool it's $6800 and gets 84 mpg's ...............then Elio fans are smart...............and cool.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
PJ, the angel eyes you posted are $169 a set before you even purchase the OE lights. The light housings to install them are around $500 per side before you buy OE ballasts or bulbs for the factory HIDs. That's around a $1600+ set of lights. Well out of the price range of an elio aiming for a sub 7k price.

Don't get me wrong, I love a sharp looking set of headlights or tail lights on my cars as much as the next guy, I just don't see the high end OE xenon lights fitting into the elio's pricing goals. These below were around $800 per side my cost to upgrade. Full retail they are over $2k. I could have replaced the stock halogen lights for under $700 total.
1545576233_2c7600cd6a_z.jpg

1546428734_972eefa696_z.jpg

1546450812_64948f460b_z.jpg
More after market bling for those of you that want it. Keep my Elio simple and near the $6800 range

carzes

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good point. Other than the early adopter, hard core fan, if it looks like... and I quote from someone's web site "a virginity shield", Elio will be hard pressed to sustain sales.
I read that post too, and as ignorant as that guy is, he does represent a certain aspect of American's relation to their cars. He's not the only one who can't differentiate between their car and their reproductive anatomy.

Top Bottom