• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Lighting (head, Tail, Brake, Signal, Fog, Auxiliary, Blinking,etc...)

Would you choose optional lighting on your Elio? (choose all that apply)

• Yes, I want a "third" or higher brake light.

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • Yes, I want marker lights on the front wheels.

Votes: 32 74.4%
  • Yes, I want signal lights on the front wheels.

Votes: 27 62.8%
  • Yes, I want headlights, fog lights or similar on the front wheels.

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • No, I do not want any additional lighting.

Votes: 7 16.3%

• Total voters

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There's another question too about the separation of headlights. If you've noticed in the past few years, railroads have added "headlights" located on either side of the front of the engine - spaced about like those of a car or truck. Supposedly the single headlight didn't give some drivers a sense of distance to the oncoming train - it was a rather poor excuse for pulling up on a grade crossing directly in front of one, but I suppose the legal community had no better defense.

What happens to a driver turning in front of your Elio? Will he recognize you're a lot closer than the anticipated spacing your headlights would suggest? For most drivers who have at least some sense of what's going on beyond their windshield it shouldn't make any difference, but we need to be aware of those few who will continue to drive without a brain.

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good point. Ask some of the military guys about judging following distance with blackout lights. Same kinda concept.

I'd like to see, or add myself if I have to, signal lights on the fenders.

The last 10 years or so, extremity lights on farm machinery have cut down on people hitting dual wheels sticking out in the dark.

Note that Jeep, etc that have close set headlights have markers out at the corners.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You are taking my words out of context.
You are hereby sentenced to Punishment..............
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR4DsFH14-LCKHyEz72XCTHqkD5ZLb1VobhSsfRUChI1JI-kWjX4Q.png

Top Bottom