• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Motors @ Sema 2014

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm with you. Talking on a phone while driving should be $100.0 fine 1st. time and drive license suspended for 90 days the 2nd. time.
How many people have almost hit you talking/texting/driving?
I talk on the phone and 'talk-to-text' fairly often. That's why we want blue tooth so it can be done hands free and as safe as possible. Certainly not as safe as not doing it, but then again, sitting in my living room is safer than driving, but that doesn't stop me from driving.
Or the plethora of other unsafe things that we do when driving: talk, eat, change radio station, etc...

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I talk on the phone and 'talk-to-text' fairly often. That's why we want blue tooth so it can be done hands free and as safe as possible. Certainly not as safe as not doing it, but then again, sitting in my living room is safer than driving, but that doesn't stop me from driving.
Or the plethora of other unsafe things that we do when driving: talk, eat, change radio station, etc...
True, but talking/texting is the most dangerous. Or maybe trying to hold a beer between your legs.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
True, but talking/texting is the most dangerous. Or maybe trying to hold a beer between your legs.
Actually, I just read recently that something like 21% of accidents were in related to drowsy driving. And that's those that would admit it.
And I haven't done the beer between the legs thing in over 20 years. But I was bullet proof then!

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree. There are several advantages to the Garmin. Lifetime free map and traffic updates, can be used in multiple vehicles, available with Bluetooth and voice recognition, and it doesn't depend on cellular service to navigate. And you can put it in pedestrian mode, take it with you to find your way back to your vehicle.
You can also use Google maps off linenowsimply by downloading parts of the map you want. I do that as cell reception is sketchy in my area and I don't have a huge data plan anyway. Just mentioning that as an option that is always updated, fully integrated in the phone, and prevents you from having to buy another device. I have a TomTom but haven't used it in probably two years.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Somebody might want to tell that to the Elio rep on Facebook.

Gene: Will this be the new Gauges ?
Elio Motors: Hello Gene, this will be one of the instrumentation options, and if you want a more basic instrument panel, you can get that too!
Gene: Will this option replace the round analog gauges ?
Elio Motors: Hello Gene, with the Infinite Skyz addition, you will not have Elgin inspired gauges.

I would say that since you asked specifically if this would be a gauge cluster option they answered your question from that point of view as they did point out at first that a more basic panel would be available to you.

My buddy at SEMA just had another chat with EM about this and they did repeat that by default this is a second screen option. They also repeated that they are looking at an LCD gauge cluster upgrade which would tie into this system. They repeated $1500 for the system however they do not yet have pricing on the LCD dash option. They are also exploring LCD dash upgrade options both with and without this system.

Gary Beam

Reaction score
My buddy at SEMA just had another chat with EM about this and they did repeat that by default this is a second screen option. They also repeated that they are looking at an LCD gauge cluster upgrade which would tie into this system. They repeated $1500 for the system however they do not yet have pricing on the LCD dash option. They are also exploring LCD dash upgrade options both with and without this system.

Has anyone noticed Elio's price estimate on facebook?

Elio MotorsHello Clay, we're estimating the price of this option to be about $1,500-$2,000.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score

Elio MotorsHello Clay, we're estimating the price of this option to be about $1,500-$2,000.

I had not seen that yet but it does confirm what we have been hearing from people at SEMA that the $1500 system plus the LCD gauge cluster display ,which does not yet have a price estimate, will be in that range.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

a $2,000 option on a $6,800 vehicle ..:confused:.. I'm glad they are expanding the options folks can add to their Elio, to me the more the merrier ..:).. this one isn't something I'd even remotely consider

Jim

Top Bottom