• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Tv Commercial - 60 Second Tv Spots (link)

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I do agree that this is a valid point. Some actual, concrete results of real testing would go a long toward establishing some confidence. Even if it's "Our current prototype tests demonstrate 80 mpg, but we are still optimizing, and are confident we will get 84 mpg", that's a lot better than "our current computer prediction shows we should be able to get 80 mpg".

I'm wondering if they will really test the P5, or if they will wait until they get the Es running to do it.
I doubt they will really test the P5. It is their show vehicle they will keep beautiful to keep on tour. I suspect he E vehicles will be ugly and not even painted.

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I understand he has already ordered an Elio. If he is willing he would make a great spokesman for Elio on the TV.

jg55.jpg

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I guess they wait. I'm stuck on the fact that there has to be a design and engineering freeze on the prototype (P5) from which specifications are taken to build the E's for testing. The E builds have to be built to specification or testing is meaningless. The builders/fabricators can't make up fit and finish specs as they build.

For me testing goes well beyond mpg. Overall handling, performance, ride, and comfort level is as or more important than mpg........providing that mpg hits that minimum 75 mpg mark. Last on my list of testing would be the actual crash testing, although very important. The computer simulations are no doubt close from an engineering perspective, actual crash testing is needed for verification. Letting potential investors, media reps. and potential customers get behind the wheel for a test drive would be priceless advertising.

I would like to see a handful of E's put out there to be driven, tested, and reviewed by the average guy (me) in a simple everyday commuter application. Also, the ride and drive events that were mentioned back in early 2015. EM recently stated that ride and drive events will be scheduled AFTER production begins. Ride and drives should be available prior to submitting our official order form.
I Agree 100% I can relax and be CALM AGAIN if EM can at least show even just ONE, yes just one picture of several....yes, at least 10 or more E-series being built simultaneously (in an assembly line) by workers! And equally important, I need to read/hear from them their TARGET ( it's all about target w/ EM these days) completion date of these tests (barring any unforeseen problems). E-series blogs!!! That's all. :D

Last edited:

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
ne
thanks for your view, I (we?) tend to think linear which reinforces tunnel vision.
EVERYTHING is politics!! I'm growing more impatient and seeing his project less likely to come to fruitition. It would be sad if Elio's ego (like the alliteration?) to be king would be the downfall of a great concept.
Then he'll be the King of Nothing:D

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just a reminder..........
This was their published test list for the E series.
---------------
1) Underhood thermal & HV AC testing – 4 vehicles
2) Electrical – 12 vehicles
3) General inspection – all vehicles
4) Serviceability – 1 vehicle
5) Powertrain (to include altitude testing, emission certification, engine/transmission development & calibration, economy and software development & verification) – 9 vehicles
6) Interior – 4 vehicles
7) Noise, vibration & harness – 4 vehicles
8) Steering – 1 vehicle
9) Ride & handling (to include vehicle turning, objective measurements, NHTSA Fish Hook, tire wear and electronic stability) – 6 vehicles
10) Performance (to include engine/transmission shift validation, 0-60 mph, hill climb, cold temperature start-up and drivability and maximum speed) – 1 vehicle
11) Fuel systems – 1 vehicle
12) Brakes – 4 vehicles
13) Body systems – 12 vehicles
14) Durability – 7 vehicles
15) Safety tests – 8 vehicles
----------------------
So with that testing in mind, and any thing they find during it, my guess in the only spec freeze would the actual frame work.
Sooo much work to do and 11 months to bring a finished product! That's major stress folks for everyone involved in this project!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sooo much work to do and 11 months to bring a finished product! That's major stress folks for everyone involved in this project!
According to EM's schedule in the SEC filing It's going to take 6 of those 11 months to build and test the 25 E's.

I think the reservationists are more stressed. Everyone working at EM is still drawing a paycheck and receiving benefits. I hope they are a little stressed, after all it is work, and it would be a sign they are motivated.

Top Bottom