• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Factory Pick Up

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, that's true. But with three Tesla stores already operating in Ohio, Tesla has less incentive to go after Ohio laws before tackling other states where they can't yet sell direct.

I'm still wondering how I'm going to get my Elio.
Possibilities:
1.Go get it. Marshaling Center ?
2. Delivery to your door, or nearby parking lot.
3. Pep Boys Ohio.
4. The laws Change.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My understanding of the KBB explanation of destination charges is that Manufacturers determine the equalized destination charges which can range from $800-1200.

The government only requires that the destination charge or 'factory determined cost' of doing business is itemized as a separate cost on the sticker, so you know exactly what you are paying for. A good thing. You make it sound like the destination charge or the idea of an EQUALIZED destination charge is government mandated and that's not the case.

http://www.kbb.com/car-advice/articles/destination-charges/

If you are casting blame...........blame the manufacturer for the added cost not the government.

image.jpeg

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My understanding of the KBB explanation of destination charges is that Manufacturers determine the equalized destination charges which can range from $800-1200.

The government only requires that the destination charge or 'factory determined cost' of doing business is itemized as a separate cost on the sticker, so you know exactly what you are paying for. A good thing. You make it sound like the destination charge or the idea of an EQUALIZED destination charge is government mandated and that's not the case.

http://www.kbb.com/car-advice/articles/destination-charges/

If you are casting blame...........blame the manufacturer for the added cost not the government.

View attachment 11512

Why do you assume that I'm casting blame?
I chased this down at one time and it was actually a "consumer protection" kind of thing.
I remember as a kid, going to visit my grandparents so that my father could pick up a new car from a dealer in Buffalo, NY rather than a dealer in north Jersey to combine vacation and save destination charges. (As I recall, it was a 50 Dodge.)
It came about because someone considered it unfair for someone in Detroit to pay a much cheaper price for a car than someone in New York City.
It's part of "The Federal Automobile Information Disclosure Act"

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Which amounts to some consumers paying more to offset others, the end goal is to protect dealers, not consumers.

Nice, huh?
actually the idea regarding Elio is that we will each pay the same delivery fee regardless of distance (including across the street from the factory)- no-one buying an Elio will "off-set" others.
I hope and wait it becomes a reality!
WTG Hawks!

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
actually the idea regarding Elio is that we will each pay the same delivery fee regardless of distance (including across the street from the factory)- no-one buying an Elio will "off-set" others.
WTG Hawks!

It matters not. I'm heading down there and driving mine back for the experience. Might even take some detours [Memphis] if it's getting close to meal time.

Oh....GO BRONCOS!! 3 - 0

Jeff H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
WTG Hawks!
My point about delivery fees -- if they spend less to ship it to X than they do Y, the customers @ X are subsidizing customers @ Y.
It was done to protect dealerships. Otherwise, we'd all be jumping a bus to the manufacturer.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why do you assume that I'm casting blame?
I chased this down at one time and it was actually a "consumer protection" kind of thing.
I remember as a kid, going to visit my grandparents so that my father could pick up a new car from a dealer in Buffalo, NY rather than a dealer in north Jersey to combine vacation and save destination charges. (As I recall, it was a 50 Dodge.)
It came about because someone considered it unfair for someone in Detroit to pay a much cheaper price for a car than someone in New York City.
It's part of "The Federal Automobile Information Disclosure Act"

It was meant to be informational for those who seem to think that the actual delivery fee is required by the government. No need to blame anybody was my point. I'm not blaming you or anybody else. Why did you ass.u.me I did.

Top Bottom