• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Friday's The Big Day ... Or Is It?

How long will the engine run during the official "first start" ceremony?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I didn't do all the maintenance stuff but still I could identify the make and model a long way off. Of course part of that was self preservation, you know the various travel games that included getting poked, smacked or humiliated for not catching the vehicle name before your siblings? VW bugs were the easiest though, they were the only ones in bright red, yellow, orange and blue. You could see those a mile off easily.

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm partial to the 63-65 Buick Riviera

imagesC0A4XJLG.jpg

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
NSTG8R; (not Outsydthebox)
You and I must have gone to different schools together.
Worked REAL service stations myself.... gas, check the oil, brake fluid, trans fluid, power steering fluid, battery, belts and hoses. then.. check the tires and wash all the windows, including the mirrors, those were the days. Wasn't a car I couldn't recognize, 1/2 mile down the road, front or back.
All that before Al Gore invented the internet!
Now we sit and stare, no wonder I'm having trouble seeing my toes these days!

Thanks for reminding me to re-read posts, CT. Now that I have directed this ramble to the right person, we can move on. :oops:

I know it wasn't directed to me but, I had a similar background to both of you. My best friend and I would do the same thing. Driving at night and guessing what make and model. I never missed an issue of Hot Rod, Car Craft or Popular Hot Rodding. I still have every issue from 1980 to around 2000...probably not very collectable tho, many of them are pretty ragged. :)

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elio_Motors

"IAV has developed a motor for Elio which will be shown at a "First start" event on February 6, 2015."

Perhaps someone who is a wiki editor or wants to try it, could correct this.
They also quote Elio as having raised $65 Million and needs an additional $235 Million to start production. The EM has raised $65 Million should be changed to based on the sale of excess equipment Elio has potential to raise an estimated $65 Million.

Top Bottom