• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Friday's The Big Day ... Or Is It?

How long will the engine run during the official "first start" ceremony?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
NSTG8R; (not Outsydthebox)
You and I must have gone to different schools together.
Worked REAL service stations myself.... gas, check the oil, brake fluid, trans fluid, power steering fluid, battery, belts and hoses. then.. check the tires and wash all the windows, including the mirrors, those were the days. Wasn't a car I couldn't recognize, 1/2 mile down the road, front or back.
All that before Al Gore invented the internet!
Now we sit and stare, no wonder I'm having trouble seeing my toes these days!

Thanks for reminding me to re-read posts, CT. Now that I have directed this ramble to the right person, we can move on. :oops:

Last edited:

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nice save! ;)
It's funny. We're not sure how it happened, but somehow my wife got in the habit of, when we're in the car with the kids and somehow the conversation turns inappropriate or gets a little heated between the kids, she blurts out "Hey! Look at those clouds!" It used to distract them for a second, now it just makes us laugh and think about how far off the conversation got.
So now my new line will be "So big day Friday, huh?" That'll confuse 'em!

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's funny. We're not sure how it happened, but somehow my wife got in the habit of, when we're in the car with the kids and somehow the conversation turns inappropriate or gets a little heated between the kids, she blurts out "Hey! Look at those clouds!" It used to distract them for a second, now it just makes us laugh and think about how far off the conversation got.
So now my new line will be "So big day Friday, huh?" That'll confuse 'em!

Squirrel!

o-SQUIRREL-facebook.jpg

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My nephew, who is in his early 40s, has said to me on more than one occasion, "It must have been neat when you and dad were kids and had all of those great cars!" That usually comes after talking about his fathers 60 Ford Starliner or his 60 'Vette, or my 57 Healey, or '67 Pontiac Tempest Custom Sprint or 67 Camaro RS. (all bought new except the Longbridge Healey) If you think about cars like that, tell me today's cars don't all look like cookie cutter cars.
Those were the days. Car design today is influenced by wind tunnel simulators for maximum mpg.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Or they're remakes of other great designs. New Camero, New Mustang, New Challenger...Nothing "New" about them. Just like movie remakes with better special effects. For 40k, I'll take a fully restored original. :)

A '65 Mustang would work fine for me. Any color, I'm not picky. You?

Top Bottom