• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Friday's The Big Day ... Or Is It?

How long will the engine run during the official "first start" ceremony?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think just the opposite. As I sit in traffic on my commute, I'm astounded at all the different shapes and designs of tail lights, and think, "man, why would someone go to all the cost of customizing all these when they could just buy something off the shelf that has already been designed?".

My wife has a habit of trying to get in every black car in the parking lot . She says they all look the same .

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Oh gosh. I just reread my post and how it sounds...
I didn't mean it in any bad way...o_O
Dang, there I go again...:(
It's all good. I have a multi ethnic family. and thought it was funny. When I got married (to my now ex-wife, oops) she is African-American. The ushers (our good friends) joked that they we going to ask guests North or South instead of Bride or Groom. I find it's good to have humor in things as long as its not derogatory or demeaning and mean spirited. A lot of that comes in knowing your "audience" though.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Oh gosh. I just reread my post and how it sounds...
I didn't mean it in any bad way...o_O
Dang, there I go again...:(

My nephew, who is in his early 40s, has said to me on more than one occasion, "It must have been neat when you and dad were kids and had all of those great cars!" That usually comes after talking about his fathers 60 Ford Starliner or his 60 'Vette, or my 57 Healey, or '67 Pontiac Tempest Custom Sprint or 67 Camaro RS. (all bought new except the Longbridge Healey) If you think about cars like that, tell me today's cars don't all look like cookie cutter cars.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's all good. I have a multi ethnic family. and thought it was funny. When I got married (to my now ex-wife, oops) she is African-American. The ushers (our good friends) joked that they we going to ask guests North or South instead of Bride or Groom. I find it's good to have humor in things as long as its not derogatory or demeaning and mean spirited. A lot of that comes in knowing your "audience" though.
Wow. ok, I didn't even see the racial bend there.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My nephew, who is in his early 40s, has said to me on more than one occasion, "It must have been neat when you and dad were kids and had all of those great cars!" That usually comes after talking about his fathers 60 Ford Starliner or his 60 'Vette, or my 57 Healey, or '67 Pontiac Tempest Custom Sprint or 67 Camaro RS. (all bought new except the Longbridge Healey) If you think about cars like that, tell me today's cars don't all look like cookie cutter cars.
yep. Good point. I just commented on my observation about how different all the tail lights look and they all serve the same purpose. It reflects on the American Consumer and how they want everything to look cool much more than cheap and functional. Yet on the other hand, they complain about the cost of things...

Top Bottom