• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

L.a. Auto Show...gimme Input

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The P4 IS pretty. Money, or the lack thereof, can explain the production date slipping from July of 2014 to the first quarter of 2017, but, for me, it doesn't explain the P5. Seeing the pedal box on the P5 was sort of like Obi-Wan waving his hand and saying, "You want to go home an re-think your life.". How does money explain the lack of sound deadening, the pedals, the parking brake, the wiper/washer, the ABS, traction control, etc? When I got on this bus, it was supposed to be an express to Shreveport. Just $150 million and 15-16 months to production. Two and a half years later, it feels like we've just been driving around the neighborhood, and are now $240-265 million and 15-16 months away from production. I really do need to go home and re-think my life. Fortunately, I still have a few days left while the Reg A+ refund window is open.

I appreciate your comments and kindnesses here on the forum. I think I'm going to sit this out for a while.

its always been 200 mill plusElio has said its a 300 million project

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
venting within bounds is fine .... unfortunately, history shows that one person's vent is all too often viewed as an attack .... when vents result in creating controversy, they aren't welcome here .... there are several websites where tirades from folks angry with Elio are welcome, this isn't one of them ..... post expressing concerns, seeking info, and clarifications are fine .... basically its largely about presentation .... discussions are welcome, arguments aren't .... no matter how much any of us (me included) want it to be otherwise, the P5 is a step (granted an big one) but it isn't the end of the journey .... the example of the frustrated child in the back seat who has no clue as to everything involved repeating over and over, "Are We There Yet" is pretty accurate .... given they are frustrated and often angry but it doesn't shorten the trip ... it just makes trip for others in the car less enjoyable ....
Every room needs an adult in it! I guess you're the one.

KD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Karnaj!! (Just what I was afraid of; people are so "blinded" by the rest of the P5 that they're not paying attention to the dash and other details.)
Speaking of being blinded, where is the light switch located? Is there another stalk on the right side of steering column? Emergency flashers button on top of steering column?

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Speaking of being blinded, where is the light switch located? Is there another stalk on the right side of steering column? Emergency flashers button on top of steering column?

Hmm... many states require motorcycles to have their headlight on all the time. I hope that does not apply to the elio but with it today being classified federally as a motorcycle I wonder if there will be no headlight switch and if the headlights would be on all the time.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hmm... many states require motorcycles to have their headlight on all the time. I hope that does not apply to the elio but with it today being classified federally as a motorcycle I wonder if there will be no headlight switch and if the headlights would be on all the time.

we were told a good while back that it would have daylight running lights ....don't know if they will use the headlights for that or a different bulb

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
All the more reason for LED or better yet OLED head/running lights.

I'm with you on the LED lights. Looked into converting my Subaru SVX lights to LED until I saw that it was going to run about $350 to do it:eek:. I can buy a ton of 'standard bulbs' for $350, and it literally takes seconds to replace them, so I decided to save the money for a new CD player and speakers.:cool:

Maybe if Elio can swing a bulk deal on the kits and get them for a reasonable price, they'll offer it as an option.

KD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just thinking that if the lights have to be on when driving and in order to make the MPG's limit, EM might have to go the LED route.

Are my "Always On" lights on my '98 p/u one of the reasons I get 19 mpg? Would I get 20 if they were LED? Just curious if regular bulbs cause that much drag on the charging system.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Are my "Always On" lights on my '98 p/u one of the reasons I get 19 mpg? Would I get 20 if they were LED? Just curious if regular bulbs cause that much drag on the charging system.

Valid question! That would take some number crunching to get an estimated gas savings, but I doubt it would be enough to get a full mile per gallon savings.

Looking into it...

Top Bottom