• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Looks Like We Did Get Laws Changed In Kansas

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Now Nebraska needs to figure it out as well....enclosed, seat, seatbelt.....= “autocycle”
Hi and welcome from Oregon, Jester Unwindz. Congratulations on your number and on your willingness to simply jump in. I hope you enjoy this diverse and interesting group. There is lots to read and learn as we wait for the production and ownership of our Elios. :-) Z

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Now Nebraska needs to figure it out as well....enclosed, seat, seatbelt.....= “autocycle”
Jester, welcome to the forum, the repository of information about the development and production of the Elio. There are threads on nearly every topic and I would encourage you to look at those that most appeal to you first. We try to keep the forum informative and entertaining and look forward to your questions, comments, and opinions. Enjoy both the experience and the journey.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
STATUS: Joel Sheltrown sent an email today to my state representative and copied me. He was driving home the idea that I had contacted Joel and asked his opinion on the autocycle definition as it reads in the draft bill. He specifically pointed out what he and I discussed previously, that the Slingshot could be operated in KS without a helmet, unless the draft bill has the word "enclosed" added to it. I had mentioned this to my state rep previously, but it's still good to have Joel supporting the idea and reminding my rep.

Joel asked the state rep to give him a quick call for a brief discussion. So we'll cross our collective fingers and hope this makes it through! :)

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
STATUS: Joel Sheltrown sent an email today to my state representative and copied me. He was driving home the idea that I had contacted Joel and asked his opinion on the autocycle definition as it reads in the draft bill. He specifically pointed out what he and I discussed previously, that the Slingshot could be operated in KS without a helmet, unless the draft bill has the word "enclosed" added to it. I had mentioned this to my state rep previously, but it's still good to have Joel supporting the idea and reminding my rep.

Joel asked the state rep to give him a quick call for a brief discussion. So we'll cross our collective fingers and hope this makes it through! :)
Hopefully, it'll get through.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
UPDATE: just got a phone call from a person that works for my state rep. He said the autocycle bill will be heard by the Transportation Committee at 1:30pm CT on Feb 3rd. I live 4+ hrs from the capitol, so I won't be able to be there physically, but he said that any KS residents that want to email some "testimony" to my state rep can do so. I asked specifically about non-KS residents, he said no. But I will email in some words of encouragement to my state rep.

If any other KS residents on this forum would like to email, it's Travis.Couture-Lovelady@house.ks.gov

He did say that emails from the manufacturer might be helpful too. Would Joel Sheltrown be the best person to provide said email to Travis?

Edit: the man did also say that Polaris will have a person there, attending the meeting.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good news Jeff! The bill here in Nebraska goes before the committee on the 2nd. I too will be sending words of encouragement

Thanks! Good luck to Nebraska on the 2nd!

You could've knocked me over with a feather when I realized I got a call from a politician's staff member. I'm thinkin', wow, this actually might happen!

Top Bottom