• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Looks Like We Did Get Laws Changed In Kansas

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Here is Louisiana's definition of an "Autocycle" :

(a) "Autocycle" means a three-wheeled motorcycle on which the driver and all passengers ride in a completely enclosed seating area that is equipped with a roll cage, safety belts for all occupants, airbag protection, antilock brakes, and is designed to be controlled with a steering wheel and pedals.

(b) For purposes of this Paragraph, "roll cage" shall mean a hardtop enclosure protecting occupants from the elements that will support the vehicle's
weight and is so designed as to protect the occupants when the vehicle is resting on this enclosure.

There ya go Jim, part (a) above is pretty much exactly what Joel mentioned as his perfect definition of an autocycle. Excellent!

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's the updated version of the draft bill for the Kansas Legislature. "Enclosed" has been added at Joel's / our request. Review it at your leisure and let me know of any suggested changes, but hoping it is good to go. I plan to get back with my state rep Travis on Tuesday and say "thumbs up".

Attachments

• bdr_2015rs0057_version2.pdf
    86.7 KB · Views: 236

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I tried reading the pdf but quickly got lost along the way ..
redface.gif
.. if Joel says its all OK, that's all I'd need to know ..
coffee.gif

Jim

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's the updated version of the draft bill for the Kansas Legislature. "Enclosed" has been added at Joel's / our request. Review it at your leisure and let me know of any suggested changes, but hoping it is good to go. I plan to get back with my state rep Travis on Tuesday and say "thumbs up".
Nice work.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
On a Facebook post by EM, they mention they are loaded and ready to go for the 5 states that require a helmet for the Elio. I'll post what they said here:

... Many states don't have legislation in place for enclosed three wheeled vehicles like the Elio, and in those cases, we'd fall under the normal motorcycle classification. For the most part, the law makers in those states are very bright and like what we're doing, and we're thankful for the bill sponsors in each of those red states for the great work that they've been doing!
Nebraska: Senator Jim Smith
Missouri: Senator Jay Wasson
Mississippi: Representative Steve Massengill
West Virginia: Senator Bob Beach
North Carolina: Representative John Torbett

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't know about any of the others but I do know from personal contact with him that Joel has been working with North Carolina Representative John Torbett in the process of having a bill drafted .... several folks from NC have volunteered to help as needed .... hopefully things will go smoothly

Jim

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
On a Facebook post by EM, they mention they are loaded and ready to go for the 5 states that require a helmet for the Elio. I'll post what they said here:

You changed your Avatar! Hello Mrs. Porter to be (now we know you are not marrying a guy) LOL referring to a long time ago when you mentioned fiancé and someone told you it's fiancée for a female. So........when is the big day?

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is there a difference in the work they are doing between helmet laws and the motorcycle license? Do they go hand in hand, or is there a possibility even though you may not need a helmet, you'll need a MC license. I'm not even going to get into how the MC test are run. Also, wondering about age limits. Since one of the main reasons for the purchase is for commuting, and I'll be picking up my son after school, will he need a helmet in the back seat?

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't know about any of the others but I do know from personal contact with him that Joel has been working with North Carolina Representative John Torbett in the process of having a bill drafted .... several folks from NC have volunteered to help as needed .... hopefully things will go smoothly

Jim

THAT is great news.

Top Bottom