• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Mature People Only?

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Your just jealous because I celebrate my age rather than trying it hide it. I consider each year a gift worth celebrating. LOL :) Z
Z,
This is the 'Most Profound' statement you have Ever made, that I have seen. Some of us would Not be here if the Cards had fallen the other way.
I too 'Celebrate' the fact that I have reached the age I am now.

Last edited:

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Z,
This is the 'Most Profound' statement you have Ever made, that I have seen. Some of us would Not be here if the Cards had fallen the other way.
I too 'Celebrate' the fact I have reached the age I am now.
Congratulations to you both. And to all the old fogies around here. PS it takes one to know one.

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Congratulations to you both. And to all the old fogies around here. PS it takes one to know one.
old geezer.jpg

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Personally, I don't like the mental image I'm getting here; I bunch of old people discussing amorous relationships inside the Elio. Yuck!!!!

Snick

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have also noticed the age distribution on this forum, and other Elio forums as well, does skew older however I do not believe this is an example of the demographics of who will ultimately buy the Elio when it is available but instead it shows who is willing to get involved at this point and make an advance reservation. To me this pattern just shows that the older demographic is more likely to have the disposable savings and willingness to invest it in this vehicle at this point in its development cycle as it is not a sure thing.
I would bet this vehicle would appeal to a wide range of people however if you are struggling to make ends meet and need an inexpensive vehicle you are likely not taking chances with your money. Personally I have told many of my friends who are typical 30-something suburban commuters with families and while many of them are interested in the idea of an extremely fuel efficient and inexpensive commuter vehicle most of them also do not see any reason to put money down on an idea which may or may not happen.

Yeah, this is good assessment here.

I think single young guys, divorced dads and moms with just one kid and no immediate plans for more, people who are firmly and comfortable upper middle class who already have all their toys and can afford a pure commuter, and some of the older demographics will consider a purchase. But definitely not the struggling, young 30's couples trying to make ends meet and get a leg up on life. This is a pure luxury to them.

Edit: also the lack of social-ability(is that a word?) is going to turn some people off. Personally, I know the design requires tandem seating, so I will be installing "chatting mirrors" on the A-posts of my Elio so my wife and I can 'conversate' with each other. I hope the sound will carry from the driver back to his passenger okay without having to yell(!) Or then I'm going to have to add a speaking tube like on old submarines and ships or my wife will accuse me of buying the Elio to avoid talking with her! LOL.

Last edited:

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio forum henchmen:
hench·man
noun \ˈhench-mən\
: a trusted follower or supporter who performs unpleasant, wrong, or illegal tasks for a powerful person (such as a politician or criminal):eek:
Herr Snick, are you admitting something or a nefarious association?:rolleyes:
I'm sure it's all in jest.:)

Last edited:

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, this is good assessment here.

I think single young guys, divorced dads and moms with just one kid and no immediate plans for more, people who are firmly and comfortable upper middle class who already have all their toys and can afford a pure commuter, and some of the older demographics will consider a purchase. But definitely not the struggling, young 30's couples trying to make ends meet and get a leg up on life. This is a pure luxury to them.

Edit: also the lack of social-ability(is that a word?) is going to turn some people off. Personally, I know the design requires tandem seating, so I will be installing "chatting mirrors" on the A-posts of my Elio so my wife and I can 'conversate' with each other. I hope the sound will carry from the driver back to his passenger okay without having to yell(!) Or then I'm going to have to add a speaking tube like on old submarines and ships or my wife will accuse me of buying the Elio to avoid talking with her! LOL.

I pretty much disagree. I think this will appeal to all age & status groups.But it REALLY makes sense for young couples, and first time car buyers. Most tho, will wait until it reaches production. They don't want to be on a waiting list for a year and a half. What they don't realize yet, is that once it reaches production, they will still end up on a waiting list, until demand is filled and production finally ramps up enough to meet demand. I think demand will STAY high enough that we will be able to drive ours for 2 years and still sell them for what we payed!

Top Bottom