• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Mirrors And Other "cheap" Stuff

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Someone on this forum asked Paul about the adjustable front shocks and said that they would NOT be in the production version as they were just being used to test the front suspension for now and that they were too expensive to make the final cut. Maybe we'll see them as an option?

An easy fix, I put Koni's on all my sports/racing roadsers, way back when........ :)

karl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"If" a lot of Elios get sold there should be some aftermarket support. Like my Granpa always said, "If the dog had not stopped to take a poop he would have caught the rabbit."

Now back to mirrors

Last edited:

Edward

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Think this has happened in CA. Someone called, it may have been insurance. Charging more than an MC and less than a car. I may have my states mixed up.
A few states have done this. I know Michigan and Virginia at least. Colorado also has an autocycle bill on the legislative calendar for next year (because, apparently this year is already over!)

buickman

Reaction score
I hate cheap black mirrors mounted in window frames. I would like To see them use body mounted mirrors like the new camaros. I feel like it would bring the look of quality up a bit. And I don't mind the tiny increase in drag. What do you all think?

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hate cheap black mirrors mounted in window frames. I would like To see them use body mounted mirrors like the new camaros. I feel like it would bring the look of quality up a bit. And I don't mind the tiny increase in drag. What do you all think?
I'm more concerned about the cost and whether the mirrors are easily adjustable for a short person. Of course if they are power mirrors it wouldn't matter. But again, cost is a major issue for me as is the 84 mpg. I haven't seen the Elio up close and personal but the black looks fine in the pictures. :-) Z

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm more concerned about the cost and whether the mirrors are easily adjustable for a short person. Of course if they are power mirrors it wouldn't matter. But again, cost is a major issue for me as is the 84 mpg. I haven't seen the Elio up close and personal but the black looks fine in the pictures. :) Z
Dose the non-door side window roll down? If not there will have to be some kind of remote adjust or it will certainly be a PITA.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Dose the non-door side window roll down? If not there will have to be some kind of remote adjust or it will certainly be a PITA.

Electric power windows on both sides of the vehicle are standard. Interesting thing is that they have stated that power windows are actually lighter and not any more expensive than manual windows.

Top Bottom