• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Mirrors And Other "cheap" Stuff

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's right, it's still a MC, but as the Elio becomes popular and begins to cut into the automotive market, I imagine one of the first moves the auto lobby will make is to remove it's "protected" status as a motorcycle via legislation.

I imagine that's one reason why Elio's engineers are working hard on safety and emissions criteria. Just a thought . . .

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I imagine that's one reason why Elio's engineers are working hard on safety and emissions criteria. Just a thought . . .[/QUOTE]

More likely a seperate classification with it's own regs. "Autocycle". :)

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I imagine that's one reason why Elio's engineers are working hard on safety and emissions criteria. Just a thought . . .

More likely a seperate classification with it's own regs. "Autocycle". :)[/QUOTE]
Think this has happened in CA. Someone called, it may have been insurance. Charging more than an MC and less than a car. I may have my states mixed up.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Think this has happened in CA. Someone called, it may have been insurance. Charging more than an MC and less than a car. I may have my states mixed up.[/QUOTE]

I remember posting ( Maine's Autocycle plate some time back)
Check this out: http://www.maine.gov/sos/bmv/registration/auplate.htm
Autocycle Plate.....& found this to:
Elioclub.org • View topic - "Autocycle" inMaine
www.elioclub.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=661‎
Mar 28, 2014 - 10 posts - ‎5 authors
Wow, I was just looking up registration issues inMaine, I feel like I've REALLY lucked out -Maine HASan "autocycle"classification...... :)

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Think this has happened in CA. Someone called, it may have been insurance. Charging more than an MC and less than a car. I may have my states mixed up.[/QUOTE]

A regular class C drivers license in Cal. allows the operation of a motorcycle with a side car and a three wheeled motorcycle (Elio).
(10)
California Driver License Classes
www.dmv.ca.gov
www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/cdl_htm/lic_chart.htm
California Driver License Classes

With a Commercial Class A License: Any legal combination of vehicles, including vehicles under Class B and Class C. any single vehicle with a Gross Vehicle ...
www.dmv.ca.gov
www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/cdl_htm/lic_chart.htm

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Think this has happened in CA. Someone called, it may have been insurance. Charging more than an MC and less than a car. I may have my states mixed up.

Wow, I was just looking up registration issues inMaine, I feel like I've REALLY lucked out -Maine HASan "autocycle"classification...... :)[/QUOTE]

Under current law, an autocycle is titled and registered as a motorcycle and the driver is required to obtain a motorcycle instruction permit and a motorcycle endorsement on his or her driver's license. Under the bill, autocycle drivers will no longer be required to meet these requirements. This may reduce cash fund revenue to the DOR for a motorcycle instruction permit ($14 per applicant) and for the motorcycle endorsement fee ($2 per endorsed driver's license). To the extent that auto cycles are titled and registered in lieu of motorcycles, cash fund revenue to the DOR will decrease. An estimate of this reduction has not been calculated, but is expected to be minimal.
They are deffently thinking in that direction. This was in Colorado.
http://www.leg.state.co.us/clics/cl...7957A18B887257CAC0059DE2B/$FILE/HB1367_00.pdf

https://www.google.com/search?q=sta...tates+with+"autocycle"+classification&start=0

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Wow, I was just looking up registration issues inMaine, I feel like I've REALLY lucked out -Maine HASan "autocycle"classification...... :)[/QUOTE]

Just read that thread. Unfortunately, later on in the thread it states the the Autocycle designation has been dropped and reverts to a MC classification. The link for Autocycle registration no longer works, either. THat is unfortunate.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Some thing I failed to mention in my big post and I also failed to ask about, but I did notice that the front shocks on the P4 were adjustable, I failed to ask about the back..... also noted that under the hood is an inverter. Used in the charging system???
Someone on this forum asked Paul about the adjustable front shocks and said that they would NOT be in the production version as they were just being used to test the front suspension for now and that they were too expensive to make the final cut. Maybe we'll see them as an option?

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Autocycle Plate.....& found this to:. The link for Autocycle registration no longer works, either. THat is unfortunate.[/QUOTE]

Bummer..... :mad:

Top Bottom